• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ya dyed fuel is bad. We both are describing similar situations that will always take injectors out. At my work i can count 2 guys running vps, 1running a p-pump, and off the top of my head 18 common rails. At least 3 of the common rails owned vp trucks before

In my situation I was always worried about vps, tps, sensors, tq issues, fuel pressure. With my common rail, once I do injectors I wont worry about anything

Edited by mopartechnician

Both of us are. There are different circumstances in our regions. Here, they can get away running their trucks on the Ag fuel.

Ed

So it's not the AG fuel that's bad, it's the situations that it's exposed to? Thought the dyed fuel had more sulpher in it!

Ya dyed fuel is bad. We both are describing similar situations that will always take injectors out. At my work i can count 2 guys running vps, 1running a p-pump, and off the top of my head 18 common rails. At least 3 of the common rails owned vp trucks before

In my situation I was always worried about vps, tps, sensors, tq issues, fuel pressure. With my common rail, once I do injectors I wont worry about anything

The VP44 is a weak link & all the early electronics that go with it!

It's interesting how many fuel issues these injectors are susceptible to. The 68rfe trans is what we are seeing as issues in the north west.

So the bigger automatics aren't good either?

all diesel  'here'  comes up  the same pipeline.   no  grade differential,  or  coloring.  It's as  clear as  water.   Now,  when the transport trucks  haul it away,   it's THEN  treated  with  certain  company  additives,  or  the  red dye.  (that crap is  the most  insane  dye ever  put in a  jug!!)        My friend   spilled  some  undiluted  dye on his forearm,  and   for the next  4 days,  his  white t shirts  were pink..  It was coming out his sweat glands!

...especially under the arms,      He claimed he  was  peeing   pink too!  (no way of  confirming this!)  I had to  take his word on it.  :rolleyes:

It's all  ULSD  now.     no more  'ag' type  fuel with  just a little  more   S..  at least here in Nebraska.

Above ground storage is   terrible on keeping fuel 'fresh'.     which is   what most  farmers  have  to  store their fuel.  I am  guilty too.

• Like 1

How is it a scam when there are no road taxes on the fuel? How are the roads supposed to get repaired? The only scam I know of is the price of the red fuel is higher than if you removed the road tax from the clear.