• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Chrysler gas engines

• Owner

you guy are bad... `:( You making want to go out and find a fresh battery and fire up my Charger and take it for a ride. But I know it needs some tune up work before it will even run worth a darn... But the last time I had it out I swear that my Cummins has got that 383 CID beat though.. >:)

• Owner

Too bad the ecnomy is shot to hell I would love to fix up the ol' Charger get fresh paint job and pull the engine to just inspect it again. That car was so sweet to drive. That thing had grunt from hell. Tall gears and with automatic in just flew. 0-40 in first gear40-90 In second gear90-145 in drive... Yes... I did find my way to 145 MPH in the Nevada desert... 8| I got to admit she was no light weight when it came to movement! :D

• 3 months later...

I always liked the big block / low deck engines... 361 cid, 383 cid... They just reved nice, ran sweet. Over many years, I've had long & happy relationships with several.My Mom had a 9 passenger grey Dodge wagon with a 361 (it blended nicely with New England fog... according to the person who hit her.) Mom had a beige Chrysler with a 361/4bbl/push button auto... It looked like the abominable snowman in New England winters. It took a lickin' & kept on tickin...That was traded for a 68 touquoise Chrysler 4 door (1 year old). 383/4bbl/auto I bought the 68 Plymouth Roadrunner 383/AVS 4bbl/auto/3.23 rear axle. A brilliant car for the open road. I kept that car until 1976... If only I'd had a place to restore it!Russ

• 3 months later...

I was a boat mechanic before I was forced into retirement for medical reasons. Very many marine engines were Chrysler "225s" (hp) were the reliable 318 cid engines. For power I loved the 350 hp Chrysler 440 cid... many large cruisers powered by twins. Posted Image It was a great place to work, I might add.

In those happy days my ride was a '68 Plymouth Road Runner (first year issue) 383 / 335 hp

Posted Image

A fabulous car for the open road.

thats a good lookin car dad hes got a 1977 roadrunner took out the old 318 and putted a 340 in it with a 3 speed

• 1 month later...

She has a 440,Got rid of the points and put in an electronic ignition.I hated setting the points all of the time. Fun cars,I never cheeked the mpg, just pumped more gas in to her.In her day I had her up to 140-150mph zone a few times, I even got a ticket for going 124mph in a 15mph zone. Some peoples kids.The 68 charger got a little scary at top speed, You didn't want to take a sharp turn...lol mostly I just drag raced 1/4 mile at a time and cruised around town..(street race)

• Owner

Nice rides! http://forum.mopar1973man.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28&d=1259254363 Man... Those were the days... I had even the 72 Power wagon like yours and still got the ol' Charger floating around... I just wish I had the money for fixing the old girl up... Right now its tucked under the huge spruce tree in the yard with atarp over the windows and ultra-sonic rat box in the back window keeping the mice out! (actually works)

• 1 month later...

you guy are bad... `:( You making want to go out and find a fresh battery and fire up my Charger and take it for a ride. But I know it needs some tune up work before it will even run worth a darn... But the last time I had it out I swear that my Cummins has got that 383 CID beat though.. >:)

Yup well convert that Charger over to run on natural gas. I think it has an octane rating of 130. Propane has 120 octane but they ruin it by blending butane in it and the octane rating comes down to about 105. I think we added as much as 15 degrees of advance to the timing with propane and went down one or two heat ranges on the spark plugs too. Remember the higher the octane the "slower the fuel burns allowing more initial ignition advance. Nitromethane has an octane rating of about 72-74.