• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Turbo Kits

• 2 weeks later...

Connections between turbo and air to air looking oily. Picked up rebuild kit in Grand Junction yesterday. Looking last nite it would have been "much" cheaper to buy from CPP or DAP! My oldest boy is coming for weekend, will try to get turbo done while he's here. Extra muscle! Thanks for all the good info.

just curious, have you had more blow bY THAN Normal ???

reason i ask is i had a 3406 CAT one time actually had the seal on the exhaust side started letting exhaust pressure into the oil gallery/bearing center of turbo and i never new it, I had CC Vent pressure/ blow by,..like you wouldn't believe and i seriously was about to overhaul the motor. then i pulled boot off of turbo 1 day and seen traces of oil on compressor wheel and tube, and found play in COMP wheel. and evidence of rubbing the housing. REPLACED THE turbo and Blow by / CCV Pressure disappeared totally...  And my oil pressure came back to normal

Edited by rburks

Mine had a little play in the shaft but not alot.  I noticed an oil film on the intake side (not much).  When I took it apart I could tell it was leaking oil into the exhaust side a little.  With the rebuild it actually sounds like it did when I first bought it and spools better.  Even though it was just a little out of tollerance it made a big differance.