• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Injector Nozzle Swap

From small changes is length of the pintle needle and/or seat depth. Maybe the owners shims are already worn too. That why there is different sized shims for tuning the pop pressure so that all injectors are evenly match in pressures. It's always being suggest in pop testing all injectors after nozzle install.

Hmm.. not sure I buy that too much. Then again I speak HPCR a lot better :-)

Getting the pop tested and calibrated is a good thing to do, but if they are good before the swap they would be good after .

timing settings from factory take into account the crank rotation in degrees it takes for the injector to pop at a specific pressure. if you have one that pops too easy then the injection would be advanced on just that one, or if one that pops at a higher pressure would pop later would retard the timing of combustion relative to crank position. Having all injectors pop within a given pressure ensures injection timing to be stable and correct. of course all this happens in a blink of an eye...

• Like 1

I sent him a PM. But, I haven't been able to blow smoke at some times, even when I'm on the pedal and the rpms are low, which leads me to believe VP. I was also reading about setting the idle higher for the torque converter, which is a simple enough test and could be causing my stall.