• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Silly question...

Thanks for the replies guys! My outerwares already has a hole rubbed through it thanks to the ac hose (?), but considering how much dirt is on it, I figure it's still doing it's job of prolonging the life of the bhaf.

I neglected to mention that one must be VERY gentle using compressed air on the Outerwares prefilters. :whistle:

• Owner

Being my BHAF filter has most of its life in dirt road and never had a Outwears till someone gave it to me... I've got a filter minder plugged in the head of the filter and its not moving but I do test the filter minder for function. 6 years and 112K miles and only owned a Outwears for 1 year... Even at that rate I paided $40 bucks for the filter so thats $6.66 per year for the filter. Not bad and I got a new one sitting on the shelf waiting for that other filter to finally fail and plug up... I got Taz hooked up with a BHAF on his 92 and we found out because of it pure huge size it not able to hold dust on the media for long. It tends to shake off the excess dust on a bumpy road like head up to the Ranch on a 6 mile climb on a 1 lane dirt forestry road... His now is 2 years old and still looking good...