• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Looks like I may have lost ANOTHER Vp-44.... looking for options and ideas

• 2 weeks later...

Getting marginal.

I wish there was a diode kit for our alternators. It would be nice to just purchase the diode pack and replace it. Normal good diode should be 0.01 to 0.02. Your 0.08 is very concerning.

There you go http://store.alternatorparts.com/ibr256---bridge-rectifier.aspx

Check your amps on back of alternator, this place has both.

Also my brushes were wore 3/4 or better got them from cluod gear with bearings, for $35 shipped. One bearing was stamped AVF and the other just numbers, B17-99D was big one with AVF on inner race, and 6003RD for smaller one.

Edited by Dieselfuture
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

There you go http://store.alternatorparts.com/ibr256---bridge-rectifier.aspx

Check your amps on back of alternator, this place has both.

Also my brushes were wore 3/4 or better got them from cluod gear with bearings, for $35 shipped. One bearing was stamped AVF and the other just numbers, B17-99D was big one with AVF on inner race, and 6003RD for smaller one.

DF,

Can you get to the diode's and brushes without taking the alternator off of the truck or is it better to remove the puppy?

Thanks for the link BTW

FT

Take the alternator out will make it a lot easier, and make sure you do change both diodes and brushes as old wore out brushes can make some ac noise, make sure you don't cut stator wires but rather old diode ones and then pry them apart, otherwise won't be long enough to crimp and solder new racktifire on.

Edited by Dieselfuture

Yeah it just too far up. Like I said normal should be 0.01 to 0.02. You really close to getting the 0.10 mark time for a change of alternator...

Does your v/ac rise at all from .02 when you rev it up? After I rebuilt my alternator truck seems to run more crisp and haven't surged yet. I went back to local guy and he hooked his devise up to test diodes and it was mostly on good but not at 100% he said it was way acceptable, and other things could affect it. And with my fluke I get .03 at idle and .06 at 2500rpm. Just curios if you tried revving motor up to see any change.

Edited by Dieselfuture