• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Gauge Time ISSPro EV2's

• Owner

Shouldnt need grounded as there is a wired ground going to sensor. The only advantage I see is to get sensors away from heat/vibrations of the engine

Bingo. Eric was advising me to relocate the fuel pressure sensor away from the engine but I wanted a nice bracket for bottom sensors. This was a solution for more than just EV2's but all electric gauges that get ground from the body. So after talking to him about it Eric produced the beta bracket and we'll see how it does. I didn't want to zip tie the sensor to the cowl (lame...).

• Owner

Well at 55-65 MPH it showing 200*F some days it normal other days its half. Connections are all tight. Thermocouple is still in one piece. But the gauges are 10 years old now and time to upgrade. I've repair the boost gauge twice. I've had to carefully remove the front glass and re-tighten 2 screws holding the face on. Yes. these gauges have served me well for 10 years...

• Like 1

I was in the parts store the other day, and I looked at a brand new K&N they had on display. I held it up to the light, and I saw so much daylight it wasn't funny.

I was cleaning my BHAF today, and I held it up to the light. We all know what I saw... Zilch. Just a big ole filter.

Mike, my egt and trans temp amp boxes for my ev gauges died twice. I spoke with Michael both times and he sent my amp boxes at no charge. The second time they went, I called him and he ended up sending my two new ev2 gauges for free. I'm like you, I like mechanical but when they rely on junk electronics to operate, not much can be done. The ev2 gauges are easier to hook up and they look really good.

• Owner

The Brown Truck came! :hyper:

Well I managed to rough my gauges in tonight and I'll get them finished up at work in the morning. They are functional and appear to react with some delay. But I notice in the program software there is a value for adjusting the update delay. I also love the red warning lights I will be getting a USB program cord very very soon. As for getting the old DiPricols out that was a feat of magic. :duh: Got all the old plumbing, tubing and electrical out. Then started stringing wires. Like I said I roughed in every thing tonight I'll get my bracket mounted in and then get all the wiring tied up neatly. But I got to admit the EV2's are worlds over the old school DiPricol's I had. Now lets see if all my design work pan out for another 10 years of gauge service.

post-1-0-91222000-1412990302_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-94995300-1412990313_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-85110500-1412990324_thumb.jpg

• Owner

Finally... I got all my wiring, bracket, and other little things done. What I'm loving is both senders are not on the engine at all. I've installed the snubber just after the needle valve. Boost sensor is also relocated on the bracket. Used all push-lock fittings and 1/8" air brake line again. I love the daisy chain electrical plugs awesome idea. All electrical securely connected and tied down.

Once again Thank You Eric @ Vulcan Performance for the wonder gauges and the custom bracket.

post-1-0-41060400-1413058067_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-67562000-1413058157_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-92174600-1413058250_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-58008000-1413058338_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-68936000-1413058424_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-32278100-1413058729_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-28894200-1413058902_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Mike I'm curious to know what you've found with your new gauge readings in comparison to your old gauge readings.  Are they all the same?  My main curiosity is your EGT's too.  I remember reading you mentioning that you can achieve something like 500* EGT while driving down the highway.  The lowest normal EGT's I can reach is around 600*.  Even driving down a slight grade my EGT's are just above 500*.  So I'm wondering if your old pyrometer was reading as accurately as you'd hoped it was.

• Owner

As for readings they are identical to the older DiPricols.

As for everyday driving back and forth to work I'm down to even lower numbers. I see roughly 400-500*F with 0-2 PSI boost going to work with cruise set at 55 MPH. Coming home up the grade I'm running 500-600*F with 2-3 PSI boost with cruise set at 55 MPH. MPG average round trip is around 23-24 MPG still using the 55 MPH speed limit.

Now if I kick it up to 65 MPH now everything goes away. 600-700*F with 2-5 PSI going down to work and 700-800* with 5-7 PSI heading home. Average MPG is about 17-19..

Yes. that 10 MPH make that much difference. As for the grade its roughly 1.2% figuring a 1,000 foot fall in elevation for 15 miles.

As for the pyrometer is very very quick to react compared ot the old DiPricol that was get slow. I going to assume the probe was start to fail because it work for about week and occasionally drop and pop up. No amp on this direct connect to the probe on the DiPricol but same on the ISSPro EV2's.

I'm loving the remote mounting of sender more so. This make it really handy when it comes time to test like fuel pressure or boost gauge reading I can remove the sender and hook a mechanical gauge up and test without digging. Sender fails (if and when) I can easily remove and replace.