• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Blower Motor

My napa still said they don't carry them so I had a buddy get one from napa down the road in the next town. How stupid is that?

Even if you provide them the part number? Wow........

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mike, did you have any discoloration of the wiring at the plug? Last time I replaced my blower (I'm on #4 from Autozone with their lifetime warranty) I noticed the connector had browned considerably, and 2-3" of wire insulation in either direction was similarly browned. I pulled the connector apart, filed the pins and resoldered them, and put it back together with dielectric. It doesn't get nearly as warm as it used to...

• Owner

I'm going to bet your blower motor has bad bearings. I ran mine till it start to squeak. What was strange is the motor ran fine but had a mild squeak that comes and goes. Then when you pull it out the motor shaft is stiff as hell. Don't spin very good at all. Hence there is a increase in amperage draw to muscle the blower around, also why the plug would be getting heat damage.