• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Cracked dash

I forgot who the manufacturer is on the dash I bought.  When I was in the process, I thought it is the same one Genos sells.  I would just buy the LMC dash if I were to do it again.  LMC reportedly has all of the trim and exterior vent pieces included with the dash.  The process wasn't bad but I pulled the dash completely and had plenty of time and space to work.

My replacement dash is fine.  The only thing I would have liked is the molding and vents.

Mike,

I replaced my dash with a LMC p.n. 56-7411-DG came out really good can't tell it from the original.The color is a little lighter but not enough to worry about.

You have to pull the the whole dash down and drop the steering column just like you did when you replaced you a/c evap and htr. core.The biggest problem is putting the screws in that hold the air outlets on top of the dash.The was a article the TDR magazine last year by a guy that needed his windshield replaced ,so he

had a auto glass co. come out and take the windshield out and called them back after he put the screws holding the ducts to the dash, and put anew windshield in.

That article was in issue no. 82 nov/dec/jan 2013 -2014 of the Turbo diesel register.It took me the better part of two days but I'm old and crippled up so you

could do it in a lot less time.

Hodag56

you

Mine was replaced Aug 2012 and it required those darn screws in the dash outlets.  I believe removing the window would have been the easiest option.  I purchased an oem replacement dash and I was told plastic technology had changed since the original dash was made and this should last longer.   Only time will tell.

• Owner

Well as for dash removal I'm pretty sure I won't have too much issue I don't think. I've had mind swung out for the air conditioning and heater core project twice so I don't thing it would be too bad to get the top panel off.

When you say the screws dash outlets which do you mean the face vents of defrosters vents?

well i just order my dash replacement from lmc 287$. i didnt get to see it, currently deploy. so i skyped with wife and she opened it to find out it was cracked! boxed that it was shiped in was not smashed, wife was actually yell becasue how well it was packaged. i was so excited till that. I called the company and the guy there wanted pictures. He said most likely they will send me a brand new one and just told me to throw out the one i have thats crack!  So yeah waiting to see what they are going to do! ! heard nothing but good about their dash so iam hoping customer service is good to me.

Well as for dash removal I'm pretty sure I won't have too much issue I don't think. I've had mind swung out for the air conditioning and heater core project twice so I don't thing it would be too bad to get the top panel off.

When you say the screws dash outlets which do you mean the face vents of defrosters vents?

Yes those screws hold the defroster and demister ducts to the outlets under the dash top.They are hard to see till you get the dash rolled back .I was able to remove and install them in the new dash top using a mirror a flexable 1/4 in. drive extension,I don't remember what size socket fits the screws.The Dodge factory sevice manual has terrible details and pictures showing the at attachment points.  I did this about 3 years ago and didn't take any plctures of the under side of the dash

• Like 1