• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Bought Me a First Gen

Texas CTD

• 2 weeks later...

Got on the dyno today.

Made 282HP/692 ft/lbs torque. Still on stock injectors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZrFICczbDY&t=218s

IMG_20161212_100204_zpswr6chkgg.jpg

IMG_20161212_100257_zpsy9vf7aag.jpg

Run 1 (pink) was with the stock fuel pin. (O/D)

Run 3 (green) was stock pin, in 4th gear.

Run 4 (orange) was The Hungry Diesel pin. (O/D)

Run 5 (blue) was THD pin, and KSB on for more timing. (O/D) Did 282HP/692 ft/lbs.

I think it coulda done better with an 1/8" timing bump, IDK.

HX35 was gated to 35 PSI, and max RPM was 3,400. Hit 1,200* EGT for just a second.

Only fatality was the FSS. I also noticed some fuel in the AFC after those runs. doh.gif

I've heard nothing but good about the dyno at Relentless Diesel, so I feel confident in the numbers.

Edited by Texas CTD
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Well after pulling the Getrag twice last September when I rebuilt it, I told myself the next time I pulled it, an NV4500 was going in... Well, the Getrag needs pulled soon, so I ordered an NV4500 with a conversion kit, and it showed up today. Sometime in the next few weeks, that will go in.

Yesterday I installed my Hungry Diesel 6x.013" injectors, flowed to 81 LPM (stock is 40 LPM) and set at 260 BAR. These are waay too much for an HX35, but with a light foot, smoke is manageable and EGT's are not even close to being an issue. I have A LOT of tuning to do though. Timing is set at at roughly stock right now, and the starwheel is pretty close to the bottom, so I can easily clean it up for DDing. I'm babying it for a week, so see what kind of MPG I can get.

Haven't romped it yet... I'm skeered. :lol2:  But I will say, getting on the interstate at 1/4 throttle feels the same as 1/2 throttle, before the injectors.

:burnout:

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't done anything since I put the injectors in, except change a wheel cylinder, and drive the dang thing.

This truck is a blast to drive now, even with it still being restricted by the HX35. Lots of power, yet easily daily-driveable with no smoke, and absolutely no EGT issues. It will black out the sun if I make it, but it's easily controllable with the right foot. And fuel mileage has not changed.

I'm saving up for a 62 SX-E. I thought I would buy one with my tax return, but thanks to (expletive) Obama, what tax return??? :doh:

The NV4500 is going in this weekend. Hopefully all goes smooth with that, and I don't have to pull it out for a while.

Hoping to have a video or two soon.

On 2/5/2017 at 8:40 PM, CSM said:

I wish Dodge made suburbans throughout the 70s and 80s. I would own a 1st gen cummins powered 4door ramcharger. 

Did you see the one the guy had custom built over on Cummins Forum?

(he may post it on other forums, I don't know)

If not, I'll post a link.

• 1 month later...

I'm slacking on the updates.

The NV4500 is in, and seems to be doing good.

2 weeks ago I bought a BW S362/68/.70 SX-E, and I installed that last night. Things are coming together performance wise. I still need to add timing, and do lots of pump tuning, but it runs strong.

Pics and videos to come soon.

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, notlimah said:

Oh lawwwwd that sound!!! :pant:

She looks pretty quick as is! What rpm does that 62/68 like to start spooling?

It should sound nastier with more timing. I love that deep growl.

As it sits, it starts building boost at 1,600 RPM, and by 1,700 it's ready to takeoff.

And even though it's making boost, it's 2,000 RPM before I'm cleaning up smoke, and even then it hazes under heavy throttle. That's mostly due to the power screw being in as far as it can safely go. (which controls duration, so yeah, it's going to be dirty with lots of duration in my setup)

Like I said, lots of pump tuning still to do. I'm happy with the power, I'm just trying to get it to run cleaner.

After it's all dialed in, I'll hit the dyno. Goal is 400/800, but would like to get closer to the 450 HP mark. (which is hard to do with a VE truck)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

No major updates... Last weekend I took a 400 mile round trip to pick up an all-aluminum powerstroke intercooler. Drove 65-70 MPH, and got 20.8 MPG.

So far Ive given people rides, and raced one 2nd gen... Everybody is pretty impressed with the power in this old farm truck.

654425d1495384842t-what-did-you-do-your-

• Like 1

• 1 month later...