• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Thoughts on Edge EZ vs Superchips Flashpaq vs Other Econo Tuners

It all depends on how you drive and how much power you use. If you like the power and put your foot to the floor a lot it might last a week or two. If you drive aware of your weak trans it could last a long time. I recommend that you don't hook up the wiretap until you get the trans built.

24V rule of thumb (for me anyways): 1 fuel pressure gauge 2 Lift pump 3 clutch/ transmission 4 some fuel 5 bigger turbo 6 more fuel  :thumb1:

I really don't drive hard, or haul heavy with it. The truck has been primarily seen zero load highway miles, but an occasional car trailer tow here and there. I feel like the trans has to be in pretty decent shape, but I don't want to push it either. I tend to agree with your order as well. I guess I'd be on #3 but transmission work is so dang expensive!

Weeks haha. I went from EZ to Comp and within weeks my tranny was shuddering. Transmission did not like the low end torque going up hills. Then again, when I got my truck the tranny fluid was black and was probably abused before hand.

This is what I'm afraid of! haha! While you were on the EZ, did the truck handle it ok? Or were there signs that the trans was starting to go?

Just ordered an EZ form AutoZone of all places for my 2002 (part # 30201)They carry them, as well as the entire line of Edge products and I was able to use code  "20TAX10" on the online order. Total was 333.00 shipped to me including tax, only 311 if no tax. Also, I got a 10 dollar gift card with the order, So $323 I thought was a good price.  I figure I'll start with the EZ, then trade for a comp If/When I do transmission work.  

Hope someone can use this code for a deal. 

Just ordered an EZ form AutoZone of all places for my 2002 (part # 30201)They carry them, as well as the entire line of Edge products and I was able to use code  "20TAX10" on the online order. Total was 333.00 shipped to me including tax, only 311 if no tax. Also, I got a 10 dollar gift card with the order, So $323 I thought was a good price.  I figure I'll start with the EZ, then trade for a comp If/When I do transmission work.  

Hope someone can use this code for a deal. 

That's the best price I've seen! Let us know what you think once you get it all setup! :thumb1:

Question: Now I've searched this before but,  I just called EDGE and a guy who did not seem real sure of himself told me that neither the EZ or COMP does boost fooling. I asked him if there is any place I could read technical data and he said no.  Is he right or wrong? Why would the EZ hook to the MAP sensor if it didn't?

Question: Now I've searched this before but,  I just called EDGE and a guy who did not seem real sure of himself told me that neither the EZ or COMP does boost fooling. I asked him if there is any place I could read technical data and he said no.  Is he right or wrong? Why would the EZ hook to the MAP sensor if it didn't?

From my research on this matter, I THINK the EZ does not do boost fooling as it only does timing. Although I'm hoping I'm wrong since I'm looking to go this route as well!

My Edge® EZ came with a boost elbow and does boost fooling. The boost elbow gives me 26psi of pressure and no check engine light or reduction of fuel.

So the sales rep, who they are paying to make sales,  could have cost them a $390 sale if it weren't for this board.  Maybe they should sponsor huh?

I even asked him, should I upgrade to the COMP?, and he said it didn't either.  I rest assured that it does based on this board and not the EDGE corp.  Pretty messed up huh?

My Edge® EZ came with a boost elbow and does boost fooling. The boost elbow gives me 26psi of pressure and no check engine light or reduction of fuel.

So the sales rep, who they are paying to make sales,  could have cost them a $390 sale if it weren't for this board.  Maybe they should sponsor huh?

I even asked him, should I upgrade to the COMP?, and he said it didn't either.  I rest assured that it does based on this board and not the EDGE corp.  Pretty messed up huh?

That's good to hear! I'm looking to go this route, I'd rather not blow out my trans so I'm hoping this is a happy medium of more power vs stock trans!

The Comp does boost fooling very well. I have had my truck (With stock HX35....) up to about 45psi back when I had 100hp injectors. Never set a light off or code either. I would think that any Edge tuner/programmer should be set up for boost fooling. At least I have never seen one that isn't.

For the guys who have one, would it be possible to put the EZ in a small weather proof box? Maybe like a small pelican case or something? I was just trying to mitigate the concern of weather degrading the box prematurely and causing problems.

Matt, I'll look at that with mine. At least a zip lock or something. Anyway, I just got an email that my EZ has shipped so that means they took the coupon. I was getting a little nervous since I ordered it a few days ago. You can also put the code on a Comp or juice. It made the comp only $435 btw.

Edited by AGPTurbo

• Staff

For the guys who have one, would it be possible to put the EZ in a small weather proof box? Maybe like a small pelican case or something? I was just trying to mitigate the concern of weather degrading the box prematurely and causing problems.

That wouldn't be a bad idea. Cut a hole in the side for the cord to run out and seal it with clear RTV. Use Velcro to hold the EZ in the box and then again to hold the box to the top of the relay box. I have my EZ  just velcroed to the top of the relay box. I think I've only driven the truck in the rain 3 or 4 times that I can think of so water getting in it is not a big concern for me.

Matt, I'll look at that with mine. At least a zip lock or something. Anyway, I just got an email that my EZ has shipped so that means they took the coupon. I was getting a little nervous since I ordered it a few days ago. You can also put the code on a Comp or juice. It made the comp only $435 btw.

Sounds good! Let us know whatever you decide! :thumb1:

That wouldn't be a bad idea. Cut a hole in the side for the cord to run out and seal it with clear RTV. Use Velcro to hold the EZ in the box and then again to hold the box to the top of the relay box. I have my EZ  just velcroed to the top of the relay box. I think I've only driven the truck in the rain 3 or 4 times that I can think of so water getting in it is not a big concern for me.

Yea that's pretty much exactly what I was thinking! My main concern is living up here in Washington, we get our rain pretty often so anything I can do to protect that thing I'll do!

Got the EZ hooked up! Great little box, perfect amount of power.  Hardest part was getting the map sensor clip off, mine was spun to the back of the engine, and also getting the switch plug through the firewall grommet with all of my gauge wiring/tubing.  Position 3 is really powerful, and the engine sounds different to me when on the fuel.  Also, boost fooling is confirmed as I ran it up to around 32 PSI on the way home today, and normally de-fuels at 25 or so. I installed the switch in the bezel behind the tilt wheel lever and used a silver sharpie to make dots next to it showing the level position, I really figured they would provide a labeled plate to mount the switch on.  All in all, its like driving a completely different truck.  As far as the waterproof enclosure, I'm going to wait after driving on a trip to see if the module produces any heat.  

Anyway- thanks for all the replies.

BTW- AutoZone took the coupon, so $311 before tax, shipped to my door!