• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Artic Express Coming

Mopar1973Man

Don't feel to bad, Mike. Where I live we are under a Winter Storm Warning starting tomorrow morning. The prediction for my area is 6" to 12" of snow and just south of me where all my kids live the prediction is for 12" to 18" of the white crap. There is even a Gale Warning for Lake Superior 10 miles from my house.

All the  freighters make it  off the lake?   Don't want another  Edmond Fitz!

3 below right now. Glad its my day off. Gonna relax inside

no kidding!    weather channel said  high of  47 today!      It  hit  8   'geesh'. They totally  botched that one!      I was flat on my back soldering up the flatbed wiring,   took a long time for solder to flow today!

All the  freighters make it  off the lake?   Don't want another  Edmond Fitz!

Absolutely not! There is still another 2 months of shipping left. They will run until the locks close at Sault Ste Marie about the end of January.

Absolutely not! There is still another 2 months of shipping left. They will run until the locks close at Sault Ste Marie about the end of January.

After seeing all the documentaries on  Great Lakes  shipping,  That's  one job  I'd be  a little leary  of.     We  'toured'  the  museum  in  Duluth  years ago,  saw a couple  ships  'put out',   Quite a sight!

Man,  If this  weather  keeps  going like it is,   There may be an earlier  freeze up.          Last year  didn't   Superior  freeze up  totally, first time in many?

After seeing all the documentaries on  Great Lakes  shipping,  That's  one job  I'd be  a little leary  of.     We  'toured'  the  museum  in  Duluth  years ago,  saw a couple  ships  'put out',   Quite a sight!

Man,  If this  weather  keeps  going like it is,   There may be an earlier  freeze up.          Last year  didn't   Superior  freeze up  totally, first time in many?

It was real close to complete freeze up last year. I think it was about 99%. I had a friend that used to be "on the boats" and he told me of one trip where they were leaving Whitefish Bay empty and they were dipping water in the middle..........

I backed the  2000 out of the shop today.. just to move some stuff around.  (almost done working on the flatbed)...  It croaked  within  30 seconds.   Yah, it still has straight #2 in it.  :ashamed:     I like making 'work' for myself! :doh:

Meantime,  I went down the road 20 miles  to feed cows  with the ol perkins,    same fuel,  but  tried a new-to-me product:  Lucas fuel antigel and water displacement..  I made it home!      Tonight supposed to be sub zero.   fandamtastic,  least the dang wind's  gone down!!!

Been darn cold here. Been getting many nights recently with night lows at or close to 0 degrees with wind chill! Clear skies and too much wind. Supposedly the weather is supposed to get warmer here by mid-next week. Near the 30's or so and then we will start seeing the snow.