• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Artic Express Coming

Mopar1973Man

4 days running straight #2 and a product called Lucas anti-gel and water displacement. So far, so good. Low temps of 0, highs in the upper teens to upper 20's.

This is in a tractor, running WOT for many hours going down the highway. (easiest time for gelling: high fuel flow, and light engine loads- not much heat)

Also, there is NO 'underhood' help for engine heat. My filters are hangin out in the wind.

Possible to start a tread with " what's workin for ya" in the world of fuel additives/blends/recipes?

Come Monday morning, we are supposed to be looking at a 10 below, and if this stuff works, I'm never going to buy a PS product again!

By the time 'real winter' hits, and we are looking at 10 below for a 'high'... I'll have my blended fuel then. 50/50 #1, #2

• Staff

Might be good to insulate the fuel lines with the smaller pipe insulation. I would try to get some insulation around the filters too. It might help. I use the foam pads they use for sleeping on the ground . Cut a pieces to fold over the bottom and go up around the sides and zip tie it.

You can get real creative with that stuff for rv doors and many other areas.

Edited by JAG1

http://www.arctic-fox.com/images/products/Hotline_Photo_250_x_350.jpgOutfit out of Minnesota. Maybe Mntom knows of them?

I'm considering this ^^^^^

I emailed them for some more info. ( tube size, and how it's finished: size of AN fittings)

They also have tank heaters (coolant loop) cartridge type inline (coolant and electric). These are 4.5 foot long, and would 'fit' pretty easily between the tank and my FASS

When fitted with the optional thermostat, fuel is only heated to 80 degrees.

The ` $450 Is kinda high, but I'd sure think it'd eliminate some of my 'problems'.

• Staff

I would try some clever insulation practices. You might get some great and crazy ideas on that.

One thing to consider, Going to those plumbing contractors supply houses are far better than Home Depot for small pipe insulation. Keller supply, for example, sells the real thick stuff. Makes the HD or the Ace hardware stuff look like it's fake by comparison. It comes various sizes, some for large pipe, big enough to make a 'cupholder' type covers for the filters.

For the money.... $450 is kind' high, I would try isulating first anyway.

No one can tell but, this winter might be a real puncher.

Edited by JAG1

Why do you guys have so many gelling problems? We've never had fuel gel up in our tractors and only once in my ram and once in a Freightliner on the farm.

Probably because you guys up north do a better job of refining..........