• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

AirDog 150 in cold weather

when temps dip below 30 i will NOT buy fuel unless it is at a truck stop, aka pilot, flying j, Travel America etc.....  i have also taken to mixing power service with the treated fuel....  no issues since started doing this....

as to heating the fuel in the tank, the OTR trucks have coolant heaters for their tanks that plumb in and work with the block heaters.  they keep both the engine and the fuel tank from freezing....

just food for thought...

Just an update here, now that the temps are way low like -10 with wind chills to -40, my filter heaters are keeping me running. The fuel psi still drops but never below 10psi. When I idle for about 20 mins the psi starts to climb back up but once I give it some throttle, it drops back down again. I am heating both filters.

Just an update here, now that the temps are way low like -10 with wind chills to -40, my filter heaters are keeping me running. The fuel psi still drops but never below 10psi. When I idle for about 20 mins the psi starts to climb back up but once I give it some throttle, it drops back down again. I am heating both filters.

Where did you get your heaters from?

For the small filter I bought it off eBay. It is one of those orange WVO heaters. On the other filter I was given a filter heater for a semi. That one is more of a fabric material vs those orange rubber pads. I have each one wired to its own fused switch in the cab.