• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Airdog quality

So from what I have read he didnt have the right fittings and he made his own wiring harness?

The one I installed had both a wiring harness and a install kit. Just like you would get from fass or pureflow. The only complaint I have is their mount is intended for a long box pickup so on a shortbox the pump doesnt have enough room on the inside of the frame. I would have to look when I installed it but I know it was late winter/early spring of this year. The pickup was just at my house last night and it was still holding great pressure. Also I now wire all pumps to get their trigger power from the wiper fuse.

Why did you replace them if they didn't fail? seems to me that you where unsatisfied with the pump? Would you recommend the raptor to a friend?

They were replaced for the horrible pump seal design except for the loud one. What I am saying is the newer ones that I got (at least a year ago) have been working just fine

Edited by mopartechnician

When the airdog I had worked it was awesome, I never saw much if any drop in pressure between idle and wide open throttle, but then my truck was for the most part stock. It did seem to loose some psi in the colder weather.

Is there a site sponsor you guys recommend buying a FASS from?

• 1 month later...

I just joined, I have a ad2 165 that i picked up a little more then a year and half ago, its been running good. the only problem i had was not a pressure drop but a pressure gain, after an email to Jarren Casstevens, he suggested backing the regulator out then all the way back in the resetting the pressure, its been stable again.

Now that i just had the regulator fail in the ECM and installed the external conversion, i have to lower the pressure again, (was 13.8 volts now 14.4 volts) i raised the pressure a few pounds to 22 psi from 19

when was the company sold? i know the history between FASS (Son) and AIRDOG (Father). when did the old man sell out?

My latest Raptor motor is approaching 2 years old and has been problem free up until the last month or so. Every so often the pump will not turn on with the key. I have to tap it a few times and then it will take right off and run fine until I shut it off again, and then its a crap shoot whether or not it will turn on with the key or not. I've not had a lot of time to dig into it but I have checked the connections and even swapped the fuse and relay and everything looks OK. It almost seems like its a problem in the motor, because as soon as I tap on the end of it it takes right off but the strange part is it doesn't give me problems again as long as it is running.

Ive only had to call their customer service twice, but both times they've been friendly and helpful. Replaced the one pump no questions asked and didn't even ask for the old one back.

They were always very friendly to me on the phone, always sent me a new pump without a question, but I just could not keep replacing lift pumps ever 4 months. 

You can be as nice as Mother Teresa herself, but if you don't put out a good product then there is no reason to use them.    After being what I have been through I would NEVER tell someone to run their product. 

• Owner

I'm running a AirDog 150 from back at 2006. No issues really other than the original blue hose gave up and needed to be replaced. The pump itself is still working flawless so far and looks to make it to 10 years. Now if it should happen to fail I'm not sure what I'll do. I might farm out something myself or I might call get a replacement motor from AirDog (risky?).

• Like 1

• Staff

I put an airdog 100 on my truck in early 2009. Roughly 35,000 miles on it. I haven't had one problem Should I be expecting failure soon?

At idle it has 16psi and at wot it drops to 13. Never lower.

Luke

Need to turn up your fuel pressure, just a little, so it never goes below 14 or 15. That's the lowest you want to help save the VP. my AD 100 is at 19-20 idle and gets down to 15 on hills with a heavy load.

I must have gotten one of the older AD 100 models because I am not having problems at all. I bought it right when AD quality was starting run downhill and get talked about.

Edited by JAG1

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bring this thread up but I think my AD150 is on the way out, maybe that's why it acts up sometimes in pressure spikes of 3 psi or so and gets a bit noisy at times. I noticed very small drip on the floor and decided to smell it sure enough it's diesel. here are few pictures. Looks to me like it's leaking somewhere from top by the motor maybe. At firs I thought it was my ball valves but it kind of looks like back of the pump. I seem to have an original AD150 and it was on the truck when I bought it 4 years ago. Does anyone know of replacement motor (pat# maybe) or should I just go with Fass?(most of you like more now) I just replaced all lines and got my fuel basket to work good, kind of want to reuse location and hoses. If I take pump off to look inside and try to fix it, do I need new gaskets? or it it o-rings that I might be able to reuse? I heard that most of the time it's oring inside that leaks in to motor, can I just clean inside and put new oring? I know it's a lot of questions but this sucks. I'm looking at all new front end parts too, :cry: On the good side my new cup holder should come in this week, so I can seat inside with no lift pump and enjoy my coffee. Thank you.

post-1102-0-58398100-1422407768_thumb.jp

post-1102-0-73710700-1422407778_thumb.jp

post-1102-0-42821200-1422407790_thumb.jp

I would see about ordering a seal kit and attempting to rebuild it yourself. What do you have to lose? :shrug:

You're right I don't have much choice anyway. I can't seem to find anything for it, I might need to call AD tomorrow. I've been Eyeballing http://www.fassride.com/detail/fuel-air-separation-systems/fass-titanium-series/fass-ti-dodge/dodge-98.5-04-150gph2.php and talking to my wife, if I get a green light then this is what I'm getting. And then I'll mess with AD. If I don't get a green light I might be stock driving my car for a while. Looks like Fass has as good of deal as any one of their dealers. Their saying 17,000 hours or 1,000,000 ml. Is what truckers get out of them.

Edited by Dieselfuture