• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

MY time has come!

I just replaced my steering box last week with a napa rebuilt box for $154.00.My old box was leaking and the pitman shaft had a lot of play causing the truck to wander. The new box with a complete fluid flush corrected the wandering. I checked on red head and borgeson boxes and they are pretty pricey .

I've done all the steering on my truck, Borgeson shaft, Borgeson steering box(3.5 turns makes so much difference), BD steering brace and track bar. Not cheap but iI think its worth it. Been 2 years no regrets. I had done all the ball joints and rod ends the year before, then the steering box started to leak. I paid to have the ball joints done, I did the rest myself, I have well lit and  heated shop, and its not totally full of s#$t. Good luck

Haven't seen these listed, so here you are.

- Drag link: DS1459
- Long tie rod (passenger side: DS1456
- Left tie rod end (driver side): ES3496
- Drag link upper end (at pitman arm): ES3497
- Small adjusting sleeve (drag link): ES2012S (Can reuse the old one if you'd like)
- Large adjusting sleeve (long tie rod): ES3498S

rockauto.com has the best prices on moog I've seen.  Here's a 5% coupon, expires 1/25/15, "2702630024981404".

^^HD Stuff^^  :wink: 

• Like 1

I would upgrade to the 98-99 hd steering if you don't already have it. Cowboy may have put the part numbers up for the HD stuff. I had a Red Head on my 2005 and it was to tight for lack of better words. That truck was all over the road, but it was all over the road with the stock worn out box too. I want to put a Red Head on my 95 too but after how tight the 2005 was, I think I would rather have the 4.5 turn box than the 3.5. I need to address my worn rag joint too

I would upgrade to the 98-99 hd steering if you don't already have it. Cowboy may have put the part numbers up for the HD stuff. I had a Red Head on my 2005 and it was to tight for lack of better words. That truck was all over the road, but it was all over the road with the stock worn out box too. I want to put a Red Head on my 95 too but after how tight the 2005 was, I think I would rather have the 4.5 turn box than the 3.5. I need to address my worn rag joint too

I'd have to agree on 4.5 beefing better, with 3.5 it be like driving a golf cart. I had few hydraulic steering set ups on my toys and one time tried a helm that had big pump on it and all it took to fully turn was 1.5 or so man it was scary. I changed it soon after.