• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Anyone know how to tell if I allready have adjustable offset balljoints in my 2000?

Hello all, I just took my truck in to check the alignment and it seems I need new ball joints. The shop wants a pretty penny but I think i am up for the challenge myself. The only thing I am concern about is weather or not it has or needs adjustable/offset balljoints. From my understanding the only way to tell if you have them allready is to look at them, possible after you have already removed them. This is great if the town you live in has offset balljoints in stock! But as it so happens, I don't live in that town! All that is immediately available are standard ball joints. Could I just get the adjustables anyway and be good or vice versa? Any thoughts? Thanks Chris

I have one in mine on the one side, I think you'll find if you take the grease nipple out it will have the allen hex head underneath so you can turn the joint to the position you need. If there's no hex head, i'd be inclined to think it's not adjustable