• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Got some tow mirrors today!

YabbaDoo

Well I got some tow mirrors today for $10.00 at the Webster Auto Swap... Saw them laying on the ground next to a bunch of other stuff so I asked him what they came off of, he said a chevy  :(  Even though they looked like they would fit YabbaDoo I walked away, then I look over see a 99 Ram 3500 sitting on the next isle over soooooo, I ask the owner of the truck if I could use his mirrors to see if the tow mirrors would work and he said yes :thumb1:  I walkeed back to the guy who had the mirrors and asked if I could take one over and see if it would fit... They may not be pretty but they fit well and for $10.00 I couldnt go wrong!!! I have to go teach a class here in a few min so I will see how well they hold still and I will update when I get home :thumb1:   I also bought a folding camp table like I used to have when I was a kid $3.00 :thumb1:post-1978-0-39468700-1420404843_thumb.jppost-1978-0-36742100-1420404842_thumb.jppost-1978-0-13321500-1420404840_thumb.jppost-1978-0-13321500-1420404840_thumb.jppost-1978-0-28032900-1420404839_thumb.jp

post-1978-0-13989100-1420404841_thumb.jp

Edited by YabbaDoo

I had a set of those on my 02, worked ok but they shook / vibrated a lot at road speeds and was hard to see from the vibration in certain conditions but overall they beat having nothing plus they saved the cost of factory type tow mirrors.

Don't knock her.............................she's a girl and is at least trying to use mirrors for backing!!! :2cents:  :thumb1:

Don't knock her.............................she's a girl and is at least trying to use mirrors for backing!!! :2cents:  :thumb1:

I wouldn't dare knock her, I met her in November and she is cool beans, any woman who can do what she does in todays world has my respect. :thumb1:

http://forum.mopar1973man.com/index.php?/topic/9250-had-a-great-get-together-in-florida/#entry101361

• Like 3

• Staff

I had a set of those on my 02, worked ok but they shook / vibrated a lot at road speeds and was hard to see from the vibration in certain conditions but overall they beat having nothing plus they saved the cost of factory type tow mirrors.

Bill, haven't you eve heard of tightening a nut with a wrench?

Just kidding Bud, I don't even know how they attach!

But, I'd be willing to bet she's got them down solid.

Edited by JAG1

Bill, haven't you eve heard of tightening a nut with a wrench?

Just kidding Bud, I don't even know how they attach!

But, I'd be willing to bet she's got them down solid.

They just slide on the existing mirrors like a rail system and they have a plastic thumb screw that tightens against a plastic wedge you can see in the pics that basically wedge them against the existing plastic housing. So you have a couple of plastic housings wedged together and at 75 mph in windy conditions you could imagine the flex and vibration issues I encountered. If it was calm or if one was driving say under 65 mph they were pretty decent.