• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

1966 dodge fargo cummins swap

JD63

Hi I have a 1991 cummins and I was thinking of putting in our 66 fargo. Has anyone done this swap if you have I would like to hear what all would be involved and how it turned out

Thanks Jd63

Wonder how many on here knows what a Fargo is? I haven't seen that name on the road in a long time! I believe it should be a fairly easy swap if you had a 1st gen donor.

I'm pretty sure if you look at the 1stt Gen Cummins and it engine mount system it would fit right in that old Fargo.

That's what I was thinking. I am kind of impressed that some knew what a Fargo is!

• Like 1

true, but I would've sworn there was a 'travelall' on the tailgate of his Dodge van.. I'll buzz up there and see if it's shed isn't buried in snow!

LOL, weren't those IH's a 'design miracle' Not only the body, but their 4 cylinder.. "V-8" cut in half...LENGTHWISE.

LOL, I get it now! Fargo was dodge rebranded.

Fargo Trucks

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Not to be confused with Wells Fargo.

Fargo FK2-33 Truck 1946

Fargo pumper fire truck from Témiscaming, Quebec.

Fargo Power Wagon truck in Batey ha-Osef Museum, Israel.

A 1956 Fargo pickup.

Fargo was a brand of truck manufactured by the Chrysler Corporation. Fargo trucks were a rebadging of Dodge trucks.

History[edit]

The first Fargo trucks were built in Chicago by the Fargo Motor Car Company from 1913 until 1922. In 1928 Chrysler bought the business and created their own line of Fargo trucks.[1] Shortly after its creation, Chrysler also bought the Dodge Brothers Company, adding Dodge and Graham Brothers badged trucks to its product line.

From then on, Fargo trucks were almost identical to the Dodge ones, save for trim and name, and were sold by Chrysler-Plymouth dealers. Production began in the late 1920s.[1]

U.S. sales were discontinued in the 1930s, but the name Fargo was used until 1972 for Canada, and lived longer for other countries around the world under the Chrysler Corporation's badge engineering marketing approach. Most of the Fargo trucks and bus chassis sold in Argentina,[2] Finland, Australia, India, and other countries in Europe and Asia were made in Chrysler's Kew (UK) plant. Most were sold also under the Dodge, Commer or DeSoto names.

Theories on why Chrysler used the name Fargo include the imagery of open range of the American west, symbolized by the city of Fargo and the Wells-Fargo stage lines, while another theory assumes there was a play on the words "Far" and "Go", denoting durability.

Fargo trucks today[edit]

The Fargo brand still exists in Turkey, where Fargo and DeSoto trucks are currently made by Turkish manufacturer Askam, with no technical or business connection with Chrysler.[3]However Askam itself is the descendant of Chrysler Kamyon Montaj Fabrikası founded in 1964 at Istanbul.