• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Door Mirror getting old, options for replacements?

The drivers side mirror is getting old and my attempts to tighten it up are not working (everytime I shut the door the mirror moves around) and its about time for a replacement. 

Anyone else done this and what years will fit a 2002 door? Any aftermarket recommendations? This is the "Towing style mirror" I am needing.

Thx,

FT

I got mine from ebay also no stamps of china anywhere but no dodge ones ether. I think they came with back support brackets! But you shouldn't need them as you can reuse yours. Had them for 3 years now seems ok. Couldn't tell you difference from stock ones I had regular small mirrors.

• Like 1

I have had kook vue and the manual pair on my 98 were decent and didn't vibrate to terribly but the power/heated pair I put on the 2005 were horrible. I bought a manual pair of mopar on eBay for the 1995 for under $300 and they are great, hardly any vibration at idle or speed when in the up position and steady as a rock at idle and driving in the down position.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well got the deal of the day today. Found a set of 2005 2500 towing mirrors on CraigsList. Guy had accidently cracked the drivers side mirror and he bought "non-towing" versions instead. 

These have a larger mounting pad on them than my 2002 truck BUT looking at them the arm where it pivots back appears to be exactly the same as the ones on my truck.

Has anyone ever undone them at the pivot point? There is a large (about 2.5 inches around) plug then a plastic locking ring that holds the mirror arm on the mount. 

Did a quick look but could not find any good source for mirror part out there. Wonder if the dealership might have or sell this? 

Thx, FT