• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Another Exhaust brake Question

Hi all, 

I have a pakbrake on my 99 with the auto. 

i know it works and i have used it to ad in warm up on very cold mornings. 

but i can not seem to get it close while under motion. 

I am not sure if this is because the lockup is not engaged or is there something else that is keeping the vacuum solenoid from activating. 

from what i read, its controlled from the circuit that is turned on only when the throttle is at 0. since it will activate while in park at an idle and deactivate when i touch the throttle. I know that part is working, 

so i am wondering if there is a controller that was connected to the Power train controller that was removed by the PO. (which makes since cause it would keep the TQ locked up during actuation 

Thoughts? 

I have a pac brake on my 98 truck. I see no control other then gas pedal when not depressed it will activate the vacuum switch under the hood.  I have had to clean the vacuum switch  a few time and now it has been good for several years. I did have a problem similar to yours and the brake would hang up and I would have to get out and push the lever to release.  finally in stopped working altogether I call pacbrake and there answer was to replace it that was not an option I wanted to hear.l bought there hi temp grease and took the whole thing apart and cleaned it and lubed it and it has been perfect for the last couple of years using it helps it stay freed up as well.

How easy does the lever move with the engine off and not vacuum should move very freely?

Hi Ed, every thing works when the truck is idling in park, its not the unit itself, it has to be in the wiring. I am just going to have to dig into. i was hoping to hear, (oh you are missing this or that) or its this or that :) 

The person i emailed back and forth with was very helpful and sent me instructions on how to take everything apart and clean it. 

and i picked up a bottle of pakbrake lub from my local parts slinger.. 

Thanks again