• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New injectors run awesome!

I bought my truck with some unknown "140 hp" injectors. I've always run hot (400f idle) and attributed it to cheap 5 hole tips. As it turns out, the truck ran amazingly well for not having a crush washer under the no. 4 jnjector!

I bought a turbo and injector set and these new injectors mademail a new truck out of it. Turbo should go in this next weekend.

Moral of the story? Injectors are still easy to install, and still make a world of difference. If I ever pick up another truck I am changing the injectors or having themy pop tested immediately.

I bought a set of 7x.095 SACs and a phatahaft 62/12 from DAP as a combo.

After looking and asking advice around here I was going to get 150s and a super phatshaft... but decided my power goals should be a bit lower.

I know there is some venom out there for DAP but they had the best deal and I have received great customer service thus far.

I bought a set of 7x.095 SACs and a phatahaft 62/12 from DAP as a combo.

After looking and asking advice around here I was going to get 150s and a super phatshaft... but decided my power goals should be a bit lower.

I know there is some venom out there for DAP but they had the best deal and I have received great customer service thus far.

That's the exact setup I have (Minus the auto trans) You won't be disappointed!

I can't speak for him, but mine spools FAST. If you get on it hard 15+ psi by 1500rpm and 40+ by 1650. Works great for towing!

I can't speak for him, but mine spools FAST. If you get on it hard 15+ psi by 1500rpm and 40+ by 1650. Works great for towing!

That's good to hear. That's my main concern with upgrading turbos, I've rode in enough trucks with what I consider unacceptable lag and its kept me with my stocker to this point,but not for long.

I'd really like to do compounds, like a 472 under my HX or an HE351, but I really don't want to have to relocate my trans heat ecxhanger and bypass systems.

What kind of weight do you tow?

How are egt's with a load on grades?

Edited by diesel4life

During the summers I drag around an 8,500lb antique tractor on a 6,200lb tandem dual gooseneck trailer. I also move a decent amount of hay on the same trailer. Honestly I haven't towed much or very heavy with this setup yet. I got the injectors a couple months ago and the turbo towards the end of the summer.

As for the old setup I din't ever tow with the tst on I always just set the smarty to 5,7, or 9. Set to stock you can't hardly get the egts over 1,000 deg. With the smarty on 9 I can get them up around 1200 deg, which isn't bad considering how steep the grades are and the elevation I'm at. 5,280 ft definitely takes its toll on the air supplied!

• Owner

I bought my truck with some unknown "140 hp" injectors. I've always run hot (400f idle) and attributed it to cheap 5 hole tips. As it turns out, the truck ran amazingly well for not having a crush washer under the no. 4 jnjector!

I bought a turbo and injector set and these new injectors mademail a new truck out of it. Turbo should go in this next weekend.

Moral of the story? Injectors are still easy to install, and still make a world of difference. If I ever pick up another truck I am changing the injectors or having themy pop tested immediately.

Like so many people over on CF tend to have blinder on concerning injector life span and performance. The assume as long as the truck is running that the injectors are not the issue. But like you found out there was possibly a compression leak past #4 without the copper shim as well as just old school 5 hole nozzles.