• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Lets see who you are!

Mopar1973Man

Time does work its thing on us, not much you can do for that one.This might be the last summer I can stand to work. The heat just take it out of me to much anymore. I need to start laying a stash of oxygen bottles on my path. I will miss it when I retire but can start doing some chit for myself to keep. I appreciate the pic and the one from the previous post. Looks like you have good taste in trucks, women and friends. A perfect trifecta.

Edited by dripley
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Russ Roth said:

Me on right and my fishing pard Walt on left.  Walts '99 and my '01 that was wrecked and am pulling my first old beat up 19' trailer.  Walt is about 8 years older than myself and I knew the day would come when one of us could no longer do this.  That came last year.  I helped Walt in and out of gear and up and down hills.  Once on the river he did move around some but spent a lot of time sitting on a rock to fish.  He said at the time probably last hurrah for him.  Made me sad as I have known him since mid 70's and some years later started fishing together.

Don's 2 old guys.jpg

that is just awesome,  Good friends and good memories    Thanks for sharing 

• Like 2

• Staff

Me and my youngest ready to head out for the Sierras and meet up with IBMobile and his gang.

I'll paint them damn rafters next year! I been sayin' that for awhile.

IMG_0988 (1).JPG

IMG_0989.JPG

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, 01cummins4ever said:

that is just awesome,  Good friends and good memories    Thanks for sharing 

Walt has been a great friend and mentor.  He was ODFW North coast district biologist when he retired.  I have told him he has been a great disappointment to me.  Since he was a fisheries bio I thought when we started fishing together I would catch waaaay more fish with his knowledge available.  Somehow it did not work out that way.  We have had some really wonderful enjoyable and good times fishing together.  Also razor clamming.

Jag you are looking good and I know about getting something done later.  Unfortunately for me later is right now!   LOL

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, dripley said:

Time does work its thing on us, not much you can do for that one.This might be the last summer I can stand to work. The heat just take it out of me to much anymore. I need to start laying a stash of oxygen bottles on my path. I will miss it when I retire but can start doing some chit for myself to keep. I appreciate the pic and the one from the previous post. Looks like you have good taste in trucks, women and friends. A perfect trifecta.

Neighbor had an old man who had been working for his family since the 80's He was long retired and in his 90s when he passed. He worked till the day he died even though he was set for life. Also didn't want a cab tractor. Wanted to cut hay all day in the sun with no AC. 

Another man I came across was a retired TWA pilot. Loved work. At 93, I helped him dig a ditch.... he did most of the work. He is still alive, still working on little projects. Ate an apple and banana for lunch.

I honestly don't know how they did it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

Russ Roth, you and Walt look so familiar. Did you ever go to any of the N.W. Bombers Meet? 

If you think Walt and I look alike you ought to see me with my genetic related brother!  LOL.  Never have made a NW Bombers meet.  Would like to someday but I have not heard of any recently.

• Thanks 1

• Staff
30 minutes ago, Russ Roth said:

If you think Walt and I look alike you ought to see me with my genetic related brother!  LOL.  Never have made a NW Bombers meet.  Would like to someday but I have not heard of any recently.

You both look so familiar. :thumb1:

That Guy, stop it, you are making me so hungry. It looks wonderful!

4 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

You both look so familiar. :thumb1:

That Guy, stop it, you are making me so hungry. It looks wonderful!

I'm slightly jealous of all you folks in the Northwest. Always wanted a farm out there in the mountains....... and snow. 

The tomato bisque followed with carved english roast beef..... yea.... I'm making myself hungry too. We haven't run any dinner trains since the whole corona thing took off. Lot of work but I miss it. 

• Like 1

• Staff
1 hour ago, That Guy said:

I'm slightly jealous of all you folks in the Northwest. Always wanted a farm out there in the mountains....... and snow. 

The tomato bisque followed with carved english roast beef..... yea.... I'm making myself hungry too. We haven't run any dinner trains since the whole corona thing took off. Lot of work but I miss it. 

Some pretty good tips too I'd bet with something like that

I was in my early 20's when I realized I was always thrilled with the deep forested places and the idea of a log cabin stuck with me. I decided one day that my next step and every step after will follow those dreams. I'm happy I did. Lots of hard work and lots of learning. I ended up with a kit log home, but hey with three daughters and a wife :punish: needing a home..... a guy can only do so much.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Some pretty good tips too I'd bet with something like that

I was in my early 20's when I realized I was always thrilled with the deep forested places and the idea of a log cabin stuck with me. I decided one day that my next step and every step after will follow those dreams. I'm happy I did. Lots of hard work and lots of learning. I ended up with a kit log home, but hey with three daughters and a wife :punish: needing a home..... a guy can only do so much.

I want a log cabin on a small lake in the hills. It's a dream of mine as well. Life has an interesting way of giving us what we want in ways we dont expect.

Balsam Mountain Inn French Toast

Deep rectangle baking pan

12 pieces of bread ----should fit in the pan double stacked

1 1/2 cups milk and 4 eggs--- mix together

1 table spoon of vanilla--- mix in with milk/eggs

pour mixture over the bread in the pan one layer at a time, it will soak in nicely

1 table spoon of cinnamon ------ lightly dust over the top on the bread once the milk/eggs has started soaking in

let sit overnight refrigerated and covered with plastic wrap/foil

In the morning, should be nearly completely soaked in, oil a normal baking sheet, remove plastic, set upside down on the deep pan and in one motion, flip it over so the soaked bread is on the baking sheet. 

Another light dusting of cinnamon

drizzle syrup over it, bake at ~350-400 until edges start to caramelize (20-30 min)

more syrup, dust with powdered sugar, place a dollop of whipped cream cheese on the serving, and serve with fresh assortment of berries(blue/straw/black)

best with sausage and hashbrowns 

Serves 6 deliciously.....:drool:

My not so elegant attempt at home.....

IMG_20200703_094219.jpg.f2917d5ae54f921cf311e9e3f740cc67.jpg

Edited by That Guy
  • Like 3

• 11 months later...
  • Owner

I need to do another myself. Everyone here KNOWS I have I've got long hair... Down at a friends place building a 500 HP Chevy. Yeah if you been around me the last couple of years you also find me wear scrub top shirts. Greatest work wear and it all washes out. No stains...

20210719_193501.jpg

Rare photo indeed...  Myself on the left, Marco (Quadzilla), and then Jacob Kidd (Diesel Auto Power). Get all 3 of us together! I actually visited the Diesel Auto Power Office and met all the crew.

20210415_113948.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 3