• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I met JoeCool Today

JAG1

• Staff

Was real nice you could stop by Joe. Was going to be a short visit but we ended up the whole afternoon, Was real surprised it was almost supper time when you left.

I feel like I gained a good friend. Dropping by anytime in the future would be great.

Everyone, pray Joe's new soon to be grandson comes out fine you guys, including Yabadoo. Congrats Joe.

You made it a fine day bud and great conversation.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 2

Thanks Mike! It was a great afternoon and I too feel I made a new friend and brother in Christ. He's offered to help me with his no weld tank access hatch through the bed. Would have made a great article. My initial motivation was to verify contact info before the site closes.

Jag1 and I discussed whether Michael was making his decision to close the site from a financial standpoint or time. My guess is both. I feel like it's not too late to steer clear of closing. Michael reminds me a lot of my

Pastor, God will provide as long as we do the right thing. I've got some suggestions to offer. Make a significant push for money now that we know what we are about to loose. Maybe even charge memberships and pay for needed hardware and software needs and pay for an administrator. I'm not sure if Michael knows how sad we all are and questioning whether being more generous with donations in the past would have made a difference? Sometimes decisions are not black and white. Maybe a grey decision is available.

Edited by joecool911

• Staff

Great idea. If we do meet. Me have camper will travel with Bar-B-que

Also great idea JoeCool. Need to find out what expenses are to impart a way that donations and pledges take the burden away from one individual. As you say, a hired professional and votes from the members in decision making and directions.

This place has a small town community atmosphere that has been a favorite for many of us.

Edited by JAG1

Good to see more people getting together!

Unfortunately there is nobody even close to me. MnToms from the area and we got to meet up last summer when he was here visiting family, but that's been the extent of it to date.

I mean no offense to anyone when saying this, but Mike has tried calling out for help several times over the last year or so. Between posting up the site donations (or the lack there of), the idea of charging for classifieds and site paying vendors...looking back the writings been on the wall for some time now. I am trying to remember what I donate every year, and I want to say its around $30-40 bucks...right in line with what TDR charges annually which I feel is reasonable. I'm sure there are members that pay more but if everybody committed SOME every year, the financial burden could be removed from Mike. I could be wrong but reading into Mikes posts, he seems plum burned out and that seems to be the main driver. Unfortunately with my severe lack of computer skills, averaging 1000 hrs of OT every year and raising 2 handsome young men I'd be totally useless in this department. It would be great to see a solution work out thats favorable to Mike but ultimately the decision is his and I can certainly respect what he decides to do.

• Like 1