• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

He351ve stand alone Arduino controller code for 2nd Gen Cummins

Made a holiday trip to my moms house up in north minnesota, AKA sea level.  I cannot say how much I hate living at 7000' in altitude. 

with my 100 injectors and my quadzilla turned up my truck is all but smoke free at 450 hp worth of fuel at sea level, at home my truck smokes like a train.

I could EASILY pass emissions with the fuel turned up if I didn't live at 7000'

I did notice that my boost and drive sensors were reading high at idle, due to more atmospheric pressure.  I have added some to my code to adjust the boost and drive values by comparing idle state boost to recorded boost, IE: at idle boost should read 0 so if it is reading more or less I can adjust the readings

Here is the timer trigger

Code: [Select]

if (timer % 800){ //checks for idle state to run the barcalc section, which corrects the boost and drive sensor for altitude changes.
    if (ThrottlePosition = 0){
      barcount ++;
      if (barcount = 10){
        baroffset();
      }
    }
    else { barcount = 0;}
  }

Pretty much if TPS is 0 for 10 times through the timer section it will run baroffset();

void baroffset (){                                         // compares idle state boost to 0 psi so altitude isn't causing miss readings.
  barcount = 0;
  barcalcb = 0 - BoostPressure;
  barcalcd = 0 - ExhaustPressure;

}

Then  I adjust my boost and drive reads.

if (adc_roll_over == 1) { BoostPressure = ReadBoostPressure() + barcalcb; }
  if (adc_roll_over == 2) { ExhaustPressure = ReadExhaustPressure() + barcalcd; } 

Version 1.07 is now uploaded.  It is beta, but should work as it is a simple adjustment.

Here at little rock, my truck is darn fast.  It spools like it has twins and pulls clean until I overload my injectors. 

In CO over Christmas, it felt like a dog until it got spooled.  I still like my tight converter, but it takes a lot of care to get off the line without smoke at altitude.   I doubt I will ever upgrade to twins with a good cam, but I'd like to. 

Edited by CSM

Alittle more turbo tuning and all I can say is WOW.... yes I know again. 

At 7000' altitude WOT 3rd gear

boost 36 psi ( puts me near 45 psi at sea level if you go by Pressure ratio very rough math)

egts 1205*f

Drive pressure ~45 psi

Kick in the pants.

I did recently learn that the quadzilla can now do data logging and export to csv, so I am working to figure that out and get some runs posted.  I might be able to make some pretty graphs like cowboy.

well I got some data,  Looks like I am limited to 5 minutes worth of logs using the quadzilla so I will have to start / stop logging after a run. 

The log  I have I don't go over 10 psi as it is snowy out there and I would have just blown the tires off the truck.

Now I just have to figure out how to make it into a pretty graph

iQuad-2016-01-07-10.07.372063219092.csv

Anyways here is a graph, yaya pretty.  no mor ethan %30 TPS, but proof of concept for hte data logging.

Capture.PNG

Edited by Me78569

Time for another graph.  Again it was slick out so I could't get onto the go fast pedal until I was rolling.

Cowboy once it clears up I will get you a graph of a 3rd anfd 4th gear pull from 1200 rpm to show you how boost comes on.

graph.PNG

Ok cowboy,

Here is a 3rd gear pull.  at ~35 mph I held the lockup button and went to ~%80 TPS ( then backed off some)  I pretty much flooded the turbo haha.  had I rolled into the throttle it would have built boost better, but it was fun.

EGT's are the most impressive on this one, max of 1200*f 

Capture.PNG

Looking good!  What's the delay between data logs?  And what's your drive pressure at when you're at 3000 RPM?  My HX35 hates me to no end.  But we've both got similar turbine wheels.

Drive at 3000 rpm is at 1:1 now with the tuner turned off.  I can push the turbo significantly harder that I am right now.  

With the turner turned up drive is about ~45psi when boost is at ~40.   The turbo doesn't have drive pressure issues on the 5.9 like it does on the 6.7.  I think right now I am only opening the vanes to ~16cm

Regardless I can drive the turbo much harder than I am now, but I don't like how high strung the truck feels when I tune the turbo for max power.  I am going to allow for the pot to change the curve more to allow for that, but I doubt I will use it.

Looking at the charts the turbo looks laggy, rpm vs psi, but it isn't.  I think the main reason is the auto and lockup not happening until ~45 mph in that chart.   I need to get some better locked pulls. The truck jumps right to 1800 rpm with my revmax converter

log is in 1/3 second

attached is the log.

NOEXTRAFUEL.xlsx

Edited by Me78569

60mm  Honestly I think, looking at my logs now, that you could run a 62mm compressor without touching the exhaust and gain some air since I am not running into DP issues even though I am close to maxing out the map of the compressor.

I think the 6.7 guys don't see any bump with a larger compressor, without a large exhaust, since they are working with more exhaust flow, causing the DP to climb.

26 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

buckle up spanky because you are about to get a rude awakening.  

Emissions might prove to be a pain unless you have a smarty, or borrow tylers.

I have a smarty.  I also am currently emission exempt.  

So cowboy, you said you wanted to do something different right?   

How about a vgt compound setup?  he300ve / he551ve setup with dual controllers?  

I really think this would be a sweet setup and I am sure the controller could now handle that wihtout much trouble at all.....

• Like 1