• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

He351ve stand alone Arduino controller code for 2nd Gen Cummins

O.k i will try version 1.11, Which version of the canbus sheild did you use? My car has been out of action for 6months until i got around to sorting this so i really need to get this sorted now. 

Also What turbo speed do you see at idle?

Thanks, 

I see 12k turbo speed at idle if warm.  Driving shaft speed is ~40-70k WOT 120k 

I used a seeedsheild, but it was an older one that used pin 10.  I know some newer shields use pin 9, but if you are seeing vane movement then you are fine.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again, i just wanted to update the thread, i finally got around to finishing my controller and got everything working with the 1.11 version of code, the main problem i was experiencing previously with things not working i figured out was down to an inadequate 5V power supply for the arduino. So thanks for your help and ill update as i finally get things tuned on the road. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Ok... 23 pages... and I'm trying to uncross my eyes.

I'm honestly a bit lost.  

I'm going to put a 450ish hp 12v Cummins in an Excursion.  So I won't be able to get much for Data off the OBD that I saw programmed in at one point... Although I will have TPS, RPM, Coolant temp, Ambient Temp, and of course whatever I would like to add.

I started with this thread:

Then came here... Is there an updated parts list for this?  If I'm going to build it, I'd like to have the newest version of things.  

The origional post had boost and drive pressure, but it appears that those aren't used anymore?  It's mostly off shaft speed?  

I'm sorry if these seem like basic questions...but I'm not much of a programmer or computer whiz.  I can build just about anything with directions though....  20 years of being a mechanic has helped with that!  LOL  

A parts list, and then I can grab the most current code... and hopefully be good to go?  lol

Thanks guys!

So serious question, 

Do you want it just to work, or do you want to mess with it and understand it?   

Lilbb.com makes a plug and play unit that my code shares alot of code with.  It works VERY well and has really cool features, like bluetooth tuning from your phone.  

If you want to get your hands dirty in the computer world then I will help as much as possible.  

My current code still uses drive and boost with TPS, but the main tuning variable is shaft speed, as it needs to be.  I divided the article to show boost / drive control vs shaft speed control.  You will find the shaft speed below.  

No updated parts list, The code really hasn't changed in more than a year now.  I think 1.11 version of the code is for an Uno and the 1.13 is for a mega.  

let me know your path and I will go into more detail if need be.

Well... That's a tough question!  

I would love to learn how to tune and tweak it, but I feel pretty overwhelmed reading through what I've seen so far.  This is my daily driver that I don't plan on going any farther power wise, or going crazy once I'm done tuning.  I like the idea of a Towing, Mileage, Daily and Performance "tune" with it.  

I plan to run a 5r110 Ford Transmission behind it... so it may be interesting... 

I'm not looking for the "easy button" but I don't want to screw it up either!  lol

So for Mega I could go with something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Kuman-2560-16au-Atmega16u2-Arduino-Duemilanove/dp/B016D5L7NY/ref=sr_1_17?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1492558532&sr=1-17&keywords=arduino+mega

Thanks!

On a side note... By having the boost sensor already there, is there a way to make a gauge or digital gauge that I can watch based off that reading?  Or is that something that I would need another board for then get a small touch screen to put the "gauge" on it.

Sorry for the off the wall question... but it was an idea...

Ok. Another slightly odd question.... since I don't know or understand.... yet...

Would your code work with Raspberry Pi?  

I'm trying to learn the differences and I'm again getting confused.  I do gather that the Pi is a computer and the Ardunio is a controller, but it appears that the Pi can control?  Do they speak the same language?  

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Ok, with this controller having the ability to control other VE turbos,  what are the choices?  I looked at Holset website and did not find anything helpful.  I did come across this site  http://www.turbomaster.info/eng/catalogs/holset.php?serie=HE  It is a start but does not have the info that I am looking for.

Also what would be the next step up?  What HP could it support?

My setup is 2001 2500 4X4, Auto(DTT), 90HP DFI injectors, Smarty S03, and sitting on the bench is a TST PM3 Comp.  I am in need of a turbo upgrade as I smoked my PDR-HX35. So before I install the PM3 a new turbo will be needed and I would rather not get something that would just cover what I have as I would like to go bigger on the injector. Especially if the VE can make the low rpm smoke minimal. 

What are your thoughts?

Thanks