• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

He351ve stand alone Arduino controller code for 2nd Gen Cummins

1 minute ago, Me78569 said:

If you have the Iquad you should play with the wew V2 tuning stuff.  It is right up your alley.  lots of cool stuff in the Quadzilla section now days.

I traded the truck. 4th gen now. Need to upgrade my sig. I still play around some with buddies. Learned enough about the new 6.7 Cummins to buy one.

The last truck I saw with the fleece controller on it had a 3rd gen manifold but it was a manual truck so no heat exchanger.I believe most of these guys are running a second gen manifold with an adapter and then one of stainless diesels 3g to 2g charge piping adapters, which is the route I intend to go.

Thanks for the input, I’m more of a fan of the second gen manifold, but honestly if it will make things that much easier and cleaner than maybe I will switch over to the third gen manifold. I know if you are as busy as me than you have no time and obviously beggers can’t be choosers but have you had anytime to work on some guide to the wiring harness? If not that’s perfectly fine, lol my Arduino just showed up yesterday but my canbus shield is shipping from China.

I haven't had the time,  I pulled it out, but remember that I am now using a mega not an uno so I forgot.  

The harness is easy though, 

boost and drive are both 5v reference sensors, so you do 5v input from the board to the sensor, ground from any ground to the sensor. then the sense wire from the sensor to the input pin on the arduino.  

Pins for the sensor inputs are

#define BoostPressurePin A0 so analog 0
#define ExhaustPressurePin A1 
#define PotentiometerPin A2
#define ThrottlePositionPin A3

The pot is 5v in, ground, and output goes to a2 

TPS is simply a tap on the wire coming from the TPS sensor and is not required.  but is light blue and block from the tps.  

Inputs for the EB and Switch on the pot ( again opitional)

EB = D9

Switch = d7

D = digitial, which is just a open or closed, so just groung out one side of the switch wiring then run the other side to the right pin on the arduino.  Effecively the switch just grounds the pin on the board.  

The VR sensor is alittle more in depth, but I believe I posted on that, trying to dig now. 

Does that help?

Yes that helps, I think I can figure it out, I just like seeing pictures sometimes so I can kind of lay everything out in my head before I do it but no big deal. My only other question so far is for the vr sensor, did you have to put a resistor off of pins 1 and 2 on the 9924 chip and then tie the lines together with a capacitor? You were going to take a look cause you couldn’t remember, I was just wondering if you had a chance. Thanks again for all the help!

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

In terms of flow for the turbo in question it shouldn't matter.  The vgt won't flow enough to matter in my mind

3rd gen manifold has unequal length runners in a log manifold configuration and you loose that gas pulse that helps drive the charger. 1, 5, 3, 6, 2, 4 is the firing order. The gas pulse of 2 and 4 fight each other within the manifold.

Compressor of the HE351VE and HE300VG can provide 48 PSI of boost at 80 pounds per min. Reason it is capable of doing so is it shares the compressor wheel with the HX Super 40. This is also true for the HE351CW. 

Cummins 6.7 or 5.9 both utilize center out manifolds in industrial applications. The 3rd gen is just for space savings.

The manifold is not great I agree, but it is enough and the perks it adds to the swap are major.  

The flow numbers for the super hx40 are in the 65-69 lb / min as far as I have seen.    the map's for the 40 show it running out of steam at the 130,000 rpm mark, which puts max at right around 40 psi.  

The adapter for the wgmt flange is a pita and expensive. th eposition of the turbo sucks as well when you soncider clocking and the shock tower etc. 

the downfall of the manifold design are outweighted by the perks.

• Like 1