• Announcements

• Me78569

High Idle Kit Sale   09/06/2017

Just in time for Father Winter, we are offering a %10 Discount for the first 10 High Idle switches sold until 10/1/2017.  Just use the coupon code HighIdle at checkout to get %10 off. Visit out store to see details on the High Idle Kit.       

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NBWW

Issues with an '06

NBWW    0
NBWW

I posted the below info in the 2-stroke thread, but this is really the place it should be kicked around. Any opinions are appreciated."I have run maybe 10 fills with 100:1 and something is not right. There is a loss of power and the turbo seems a little louder when accelerating. It didn't happen until a 1000 mile trip heavily loaded.Still not sure what is to blame though. I have an apparent issue with the grid heater or something because the voltmeter will cycle, and the tach goes to near zero if under about 1400 RPM (all the time).This weekend I plan on reading the codes, and checking alternator output at idle and higher RPMI don't want to hijack this thread...will post in the appropriate place."Also will someone verify the ignition sequence for reading codes? Specifically, how many time on/off.

Mopar1973Man    3,785
Mopar1973Man
NBWW    0
NBWW

Yep. That's what I did. I will try one more time. Then what?I guess I need to know if someone has done it on an '06.EDIT: I did it faster and it worked. Thanks! ,,,,but no codes, hmmm

Mopar1973Man    3,785
Mopar1973Man

I posted the below info in the 2-stroke thread, but this is really the place it should be kicked around. Any opinions are appreciated.

"I have run maybe 10 fills with 100:1 and something is not right. There is a loss of power and the turbo seems a little louder when accelerating. It didn't happen until a 1000 mile trip heavily loaded.

Still not sure what is to blame though. I have an apparent issue with the grid heater or something because the voltmeter will cycle, and the tach goes to near zero if under about 1400 RPM (all the time).

This weekend I plan on reading the codes, and checking alternator output at idle and higher RPM

I don't want to hijack this thread...will post in the appropriate place."

Also will someone verify the ignition sequence for reading codes? Specifically, how many time on/off.

I would check the alternator and the batteries... I've got a feeling you got a issue in your charging system...

NBWW    0
NBWW

Yes, I thought the same. Right now its putting out 14.8 and 12.6 after sitting awhile. The alternator could still have an intermittent issue though.

dorkweed    313
dorkweed

Yup, verify you've got good batteries, a good alternator and good electrical connections on these. These 3rd gens are so very reliant on 'puters that if one little sensor or something doesn't get proper voltage it messes with other things. If all that checks out OK, please post back.Sorry I didn't see this sooner, I've been at my retriever clubs "upland hunt" all weekend.

NBWW    0
NBWW

Nope, never did.Sold the truck and bought an older one with a straight B series motor. It's just the overall computer thing.

NBWW    0
NBWW

Right now, it will be used for regional trips that might include a few nights camping.

If it still appeals to me, I plan on building a removable camper for the deck similar to a truck camper, but larger.

My 1st trip at the end of the month is to RoadAtlanta for the historics Mitty event.

Eventually, I will trailer this to events.

Posted Image