• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

An age When Bones Can't take it any longer

JAG1

Ill never understand someone who declares themselves vegetarian.

There is a multitude of reasons why i think being vegan is a very inappropriate lifestyle. Especially when they go to the extreme of calling me a thief for taking honey from my bees.

I've read and been told, people who have diets high in protein and especially animal protein show they are healthier and live longer. The consensus was eating atleast 120g of protein a day.

Wait, i guess we were not talking about protein,lol.

It's because it's a "RELIGION" to them.

• Like 1

It's because it's a "RELIGION" to them.

NO KIDDING!

For some,  its their  thinking  about health.   For  some it's  animal rights.  Others   will    go as  far as   'global warming'..  (grains- only would  feed   a lot more people per acre, and   less cattle  farting and  belching  would   'save' the planet)   

My  wife  is    diabetic,   and   so far  able to  diet  control.   POTATOES  are the  worst!    instant  sugar conversion.

She's also   a  MSG    reducer.       She'd been feeling  generally   crappy  for years,  and  tried    low-to-non  MSG   foods.     Dang if that  didn't  work like a charm!

• Like 1

Rancherman, your wife absolutely needs to read Dr. William Davis "Wheat Belly book" and "Wheat belly total health" if she is a diabetic, If she is type 2 she could cure herself not just control it by diet exercise and basic supplements after reading these books and coming from a pre diabetic state myself and totally turning it around in a year I now know this is possible and all from reading his books explain so much.

Once one reads these books one realizes how bad grains really are in our body, I have not felt bloated or tired after a meal for a very long time ever since giving up grains totally, also do not have any ups and downs throughout the day anymore from the glucose highs and lows from all things grain in our diets anymore. It is all about controlling our glucose levels that drive our overall health which I now live having gone through it personally with the help of a natropathic DR. and blood panel draws every 3-4 months to make sure everything was progressing right and to make sure I was on the correct supplements to get my hormones and everything else back on track after the rapid weight loss and body changes I was going through. The body fat holds an unbelievable amount of toxins and poisons that the body needs help flushing out once the fat is being lost to help out the other organs trying to deal with the toxin dumping back into the system.

My wife has several total vegetarian friends who are extremely unhealthy and rely totally of the health care industry for help and refuse healthy vitamins and supplements and it shows with all the health issues they "All"  the ones who refuse the extra supplements and vitamins have.

Stay away from OJ and Grapefruit juices as well. One 8 oz. glass of either has as much sugar in it as eating the equivilant of a dozen of each of the actual thing in one sitting. OK to eat the actual fruit in moderation but not the juice same goes for some other juices.

• Like 1

We have canine teeth for a reason, to tear flesh. He's lucky. Three prongs to longevity...genetics, lifestyle and luck. For me a healthy diet is meat and vegetables and as few grains as possible. I just need to do what I know is healthy. Funny thing about vegetarians, they usually drive a Prius. What does the carbon footprint look like eating vegetables in the winter?

• Like 1

We have canine teeth for a reason, to tear flesh. He's lucky. Three prongs to longevity...genetics, lifestyle and luck. For me a healthy diet is meat and vegetables and as few grains as possible. I just need to do what I know is healthy. Funny thing about vegetarians, they usually drive a Prius. What does the carbon footprint look like eating vegetables in the winter?

Donnie Vincent hits the nail on the head here in this preview of his documentary. I love this guys take on life. I love his points starting at about the 1:30 mark on.

http://donnievincent.com/who-we-are/

Unrelated but he did a documentary here in ND as well. Just west / Northwest of me about 100 or so miles. For those who think all of ND is a flat waste land. :wow:

http://donnievincent.com/the-rivers-divide/

This has worked well for me. I never thought I could go that long without eating meat, bread, eggs, milk, any oils, nuts of any kind, or cheese. I eventually will get to a point and weight that I am satisfied with and allow some treats in moderation. I initially started this NOT to lose weight, the weight loss was an unintended side benefit a had not counted on. I lost 30 lbs. but my chief interest was firstly to raise the nitrite levels in my blood stream and also to lowering LDL cholesterol along with my triglycerides as well as a reduction in cancer risk. You might give it a look, read the book and watch the video.

http://www.amazon.com/Prevent-Reverse-Heart-Disease-Nutrition-Based/dp/1583333002

http://www.amazon.com/Forks-Over-Knives-Colin-Campbell/dp/B0053ZHZI2/ref=pd_sim_b_6?ie=UTF8&refRID=1V27A4XA5JAA00XPQ487

Yeah, yeah, they are selling a book and a dvd but in my opinion, both were WELL worth it. My cardiologist who is the Chief of Cardiology at the VA/Vanderbilt Medical Center was VERY pleased with the results. The last time I saw him, I got on the scale at 258 lbs. I am 6'2" and that is far too heavy. This time I was 228 lbs. What really impressed me was how the change in diet made me feel and how things that left me breathing hard or short of breath now became routine and normal to undertake.

The diet is not for everyone but not too bad to stick with once you adjust to it.

• Owner

I must be lucky then... I was at a high of 235 pounds back in 2001. Now today I'm at 205 pounds. I'm also 6'2" tall. I still eat everything but in moderation. But I'm typically a active person. So it rather tough for me gain weight typically but during the winter I normally gain a few but lose it in the spring of the year. MoparMom and myself typically eat very good health diet with mostly home made stuff. Very little pre-processed foods.

I must be lucky then... I was at a high of 235 pounds back in 2001. Now today I'm at 205 pounds. I'm also 6'2" tall. I still eat everything but in moderation. But I'm typically a active person. So it rather tough for me gain weight typically but during the winter I normally gain a few but lose it in the spring of the year. MoparMom and myself typically eat very good health diet with mostly home made stuff. Very little pre-processed foods.

YOU LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have seen pics from around your home on here in the past of your stash of pop and junk food, don't try to pull one over on us. :evilgrin:  :spank:

On a side note it isn't about gaining weight, every ones metabolism is different but it is the damage you are causing in your body from eating grain that happens over time that will get you, might not feel it today but it will show up eventually if you do not get regular blood panels done to see what exactly is happening within. :smart: Your hormone levels need to be monitored with blood panels if one is off your entire system can get screwed up in a real hurry. My wifes mother just found this out with a health scare a few months ago with a mini stoke resulting from her Thyroid being off, she knew it was off a few years ago but didn't follow through with supplements "Because she felt fine". My wife is an avid athlete runs marathons has been a very religious person about her health and diet and had blood panels done a year ago and found out her Thyroid was off as well and she felt like a million bucks, it was a wake up call to her one can't take things for granted, blood panels are the only way to know ahead of time. But one needs to find an honest DR. most Naturopathic Dr's will help the most and go through the details and aged based and specific blood panel results on a very personal level and will try to help in a non drug approach first.

Taking care of our rigs is of little use if we do not take care of ourselves first to be around to enjoy them. :wink:

• Owner

Yes once in awhile I have my junk food but nothing like the general American public. Yes I have occasional soda pop but I don't buy cases and case like the America Public. Like Beer and Soda pop around here last for months because its so rarely consumed. I see people in Riggins, ID hauling huge trash sacks full of beer can and pop cans. Like here we might pick up two or three 2 liters bottles of soda pop but it typically goes flat well before it consumed. Even beer a 12 pack of beer goes for months. Heck a 1/5 of whiskey goes for years...

There is nothing wrong with having a little sweets and junk once in awhile as long as it moderated or limited. Out of all the people I talk to on the phone I know of several people that are members of this forum that are well above 300 and some above 400 pounds. They have back and joint issues and/or health problems etc. Health wise I consider myself fairly average. I'm not the best but no where near the Doctor bound people I live around. They are constantly in the local clinic for a new drug, pain killer, illness etc. Last time I seen a doctor was back in 1996 when I dislocated my knee.

• Like 1

Just for reference here, every time one spikes your Glucose or blood sugar by eating sugars, starches from any source of carbohydrate especially grains and others it causes your insulin levels to spike when this happens it triggers hormones to store fat but worse yet is your HDL or Good cholesterol which is the large ones are attacked by the insulin which breaks it down causing LDL or the so called Bad cholesterol which is isn't but the high levels of it over time is what causes havoc with hormones ect and throws off your system. When ones system is stable and insulin and glucose levels are normal your cholesterol stabilizes and all else is happy. The lies that are thrown around that high cholesterol is bad and one needs to be on low fat low salt diet are just that... false. The body requires and needs cholesterol and fat from meats to properly function, especially important are organ meats from good clean organic sources for proper nutrition that's hard to get from supplements. This is how we evolved as a species and still need to this day. Our bodies know how to deal with fat and natural cholesterol from meat, what it doesn't know how to handle is high glucose levels from spiked insulin levels caused by eating a diet high in carbs which has never been normal in out evolution. Nuts and berries and other greens are also natural in our diets, we evolved as foragers and hunters, not grain farmers we learned to eat this from hard times watching other animals eat it and it evolved over time to what we have today.

Some say that bread is talked about in the bible, yes but that was after evolution and what is more important to is the grains of a couple thousand years ago are not the grains of today, they were very extremely low in Gluten as compared to our modern grains bred and genetically modified to increase gluten. Grass species are extremely prolific and cross breed like crazy and have gone through eons of natural hybridizing as well which has changed what we eat now versus grains of thousands of years ago. Scientists who study skeletal history can identify exactly when grains were introduced and became dependent on in our evolution because of cavities deformations and malnutrition of young dying before the age of 2-3 and other diseases that did not show up before the introduction of grains into our diets.

• Like 1

There are days I treat my body liked a fast moving dumpster... like today when I had 10min between brief and flight due to poor planning on my part.

I applaud you guys though. It's hard enough to stay in fighting shape shape at 29.

I was just kidding on the museum joke. :)

Edited by CSM

• Staff

Wild and Free, All the corn syrup canola oil crappy cereals burn real good in the woodstove. I hate that stuff cause I'm gaining weight from it. Feel real full with a nice sugar rush but feel like crap the next day.

From now on it's oatmeal with a bit of real maple syrup on top in the mornings..

Anything with Oats is just about as bad, it is a grain of grass as is corn in the same category, remember It is a carbohydrate and spikes the blood glucose which is what we need to avoid, molasses is better than maple syrup which is pure sugar with a very high glycemic index rating as well as Honey. The only thing better about oats than Wheat is it is gluten free grain but a still a grass grain.

I am totally grain free, no rice of any kind, no corn or byproducts of any kind or any other grass grains, gave up beer and now only drink dark Jamaican rums, Gin, dark Brandy, wine and Tequila. Also am big on the new Ciders that are coming along all the time, Angry Orchard brand ciders are my wife and I favorite that replaced grain beers. On occasion in moderation though. :smart:  :party: