• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

boost fooler

I have a 02 6 SPD. Has 150hp injectors and boost elbow.

Truck runs great but once it hits about 30 psi boost it stops adding fuel, just like a light switch.

Do I need a boost fooler? I had a tst at one time and don't remember my truck doing this.

Thanks

Adam

• Owner

I have a 02 6 SPD. Has 150hp injectors and boost elbow.

Truck runs great but once it hits about 30 psi boost it stops adding fuel, just like a light switch.

Do I need a boost fooler? I had a tst at one time and don't remember my truck doing this.

Thanks

Adam

Yes. You need a boost fooler and a fuelling module that can calculate a fuel table beyond the stock 20-22 PSI. So you going to need a Edge or Quadzilla to make the best use of those injectors.

• Owner

It's a absolute pressure sensor. So it can detect changes in the elevation. It's a typical 0 to 5 volt sensor like all the others. The 98.5 to 02 sensors are not OBDII friendly they do have a offset voltage so they tend to display weird values like mine shows 28.6 PSIa at idle or roughly 14.3 PSI of boost.

It's a absolute pressure sensor. So it can detect changes in the elevation. It's a typical 0 to 5 volt sensor like all the others. The 98.5 to 02 sensors are not OBDII friendly they do have a offset voltage so they tend to display weird values like mine shows 28.6 PSIa at idle or roughly 14.3 PSI of boost.

Mike,

Atmopsheric pressure at sea level is ~14.7 psi so that reading makes sense woudln't it?

Opps my bad... :duh:  I knew it was 14 point something...

Mike, are you saying your   first post in this reply  should've said  14.7 instead of  28.6?     or are you  giving this as an example of  the  differences  the  obdII  in reading this   sensor?

Your  reading of  28.6 PSIa  At your  altitude  would be  about   ~ well, around  13-14  psi  boost at idle...  kinda high  if  actual! :rolleyes:

Just   clarifying  what was meant to be  said here! :ashamed:

I understand  how the  PSIa  works..  it  takes  elevation in consideration  because the   gauge  was  set or  based  at   'O'  atmospheres..

Where the   PSIg  is  just measuring differences   on   the  inside and outside of  a vessel. 

Last time I had my  Actron  scanner on  the  truck,   '28'  iirc   was  what it was reading too @ idle.

Edited by rancherman