• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Email Notifications

AH64ID

• 3 years later...
  • Owner

I double check the email error logs and nothing to speak of for @AH64ID email address no failures sending. Check the software error logs for email no errors even in the logs its empty. 

I don't use email for site notifications. I get hundreds if not thousands of emails in a day. I've had to create an another email address solely for the server because the number of emails it can produce. 

• Staff

So it appears that I'm getting some notifications, just not all. 

I got both the email from you two mentioning me, however, I didn't get any email stating the thread had been updated, or the other 2 threads that have been updated since I posted that. 

• Staff
19 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Done an email trace... No failures found for 30 days...

I got the admin test email, but not a notification email for your post.... 

I don't think you'll find any errors, it seems to me that the forum software isn't sending the email even thou it should be. 

• Staff
25 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I can't find any errors logged even on the site software. :shrug:

Interesting. I tried cycling my settings, and verified that the email address is on my safe senders (just in case) and still nothing. 

• Owner

The only thing I could find is there is an account limit (Mopar1973Man.Com) of sending emails per hour which I had set for 100 emails per hour. I disabled that limit and did a server-wide limit of 100 email per hour. Try something a bit different and see if this changes the issue. 

At any rate, I need to keep the limit of 100 emails or less per hour to stay under the radar with Microsoft's hotmail and prevent us from losing another IP address. The strange part is it ONLY Microsoft with this tight spam law issue. None of the other email providers have this issue. :shifty:

• Staff

I received that notification; however, I also messed with a setting. 

I disabled the "Only send one email notification for content I follow until I revisit the community" option to see if maybe the forum wasn't recognizing that I was revisiting. I've had it enabled since it was first added as an option and I've only had this issue the last little bit. 

I'll re-enable it and see what happens. 

Yes, Hotmail can be a pain. In the past I've tried different email account for forum site and I am not ever pleased with how they sort emails and I always come back to Hotmail. I use other email accounts for non-forum related stuff. 

Edited by AH64ID
  • Like 1

• Staff
20 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I'm even doing a server software update (FORCED) to see if there is another a miss on my side. 

I got this notification too. 

I did re-enable the "Only send one email notification for content I follow until I revisit the community", hopefully that was it and you can go back to limiting email. 

Edited by AH64ID