• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Another fuel treatment system, Hip or Hype?

copper seems to be the cure all to all our woes! joint paint, and now improving engine performance!

I know when my cows are short on copper, the normally black angus will have a pretty good reddish tint down their backlines.. :)

"works by increasing vapor pressure". "causing a cleaner burn".

.. how would higher vapor pressure cause a cleaner burn?

I remember the magnets from yeara ago attached to the fuel lines.. supposed to 'charge' the gasoline, so theoretically would make any heavy droplets stick down to a hot surface, which would help with the total gasification of the fuel before entering the combustion chamber.

I suppose the copper is somehow temporarily changing the electron bond somehow..

This is all I'm going to interject.

• Owner

Stumbled on this from ASTM testing labs.

1.1 This test method covers the determination of the corrosiveness to copper of aviation gasoline, aviation turbine fuel, automotive gasoline, cleaners (Stoddard) solvent, kerosine, diesel fuel, distillate fuel oil, lubricating oil, and natural gasoline or other hydrocarbons having a vapor pressure no greater than 124 kPa (18 psi) at 37.8°C. (Warning—Some products, particularly natural gasoline, may have a much higher vapor pressure than would normally be characteristic of automotive or aviation gasolines. For this reason, exercise extreme caution to ensure that the pressure vessel used in this test method and containing natural gasoline or other products of high vapor pressure is not placed in the 100°C (212°F) bath. Samples having vapor pressures in excess of 124 kPa (18 psi) may develop sufficient pressures at 100°C to rupture the pressure vessel. For any sample having a vapor pressure above 124 kPa (18 psi), use Test Method D1838.)

I find this subject like the FASS or Air dog thing. Remember when they both claimed the same thing as this product by removing air??????????????????

I hear absolutely no discussion of the effects of the intended design nor do I hear of efficiency gains from installing 90gpm or 150gpm++ pumps only hear of pump and pressure issues and absolutely no discussion about the original intent, why is this?

OK, to me, something that will produce certain desired effect must be consistent. Their patent is too vague on percentages of alloys. Also, many boats use copperor copper/nickel fuel lines that would perform the same thing. I say Scam.

As for magnets in diesel fuel systems, I have installed probably 70-80 Algae-X systems on boats. It is not to "Align molecules" or any of that hoopla. It uses a large Neodyneum magnet to actually pull the iron out of the algae that lies in the boundary layer of water & diesel. In the process of pulling the iron out, it breaks up the molecular bond of the algae & it falls apart into microscopic particles. I have personally seen & felt the benefits of such systems many times.

With it, we polished 300+ gallons of diesel on a 65' sailboat  through a 30 micron Racor filter, then the Algae-X (With catalyst) then a 3 micron Racor (Our fuel polishing system). After replacing the 30 mic filter 4 times, the 3 micron element went from black to a light grey, as the broken up particles (In my opinion) bombarded the >3 mic particles & broke them up. This was a 3 day process on 8 year old diesel. We then motored the sailboat from Ft Liquordale, FL to Melbourne, FL with new filters that stayed very clean. Not a hiccup at all on the Perky 6.354 at all.

There is no real need for these systems for a regularly used truck. It is meant for systems that are used very intermittently. Also, you CANNOT have steel tanks, as when they corrode, they will plug the magnet very quickly.

As a side note, Detroit Diesel bought Algae-X. It is factory installed on most of their equipment. To me, that lends some credibility.

Ed