• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Help! The wifes truck died and thru a 1689 code

Well i changed the VP44 and it still is a ****** to start! Great fuel pressure still. The only things I didnt change in the fuel system is the line going from the fuel filter to the pump, the injectors themselves, and the original injection lines. I dont think if i spray soap on them they would show a air leak. What do you guys think? Im about ready to drive it in the pond. Its got to be a air leak, but where????

• Owner

Air leak is going to most likely be on the low pressure side. I would suggest you pressurize the fuel tank with some air and search for the wet spots in the fuel lines. Only need 1-2 PSI to find the leak... Take a rag and a blow gun and stick the blow gun in the filler neck and pack a rag around it. Then have a second person search the fuel system while you keep pulsing air blast into the fuel tank.