• Announcements

• Me78569

High Idle Kit Sale   09/06/2017

Just in time for Father Winter, we are offering a %10 Discount for the first 10 High Idle switches sold until 10/1/2017.  Just use the coupon code HighIdle at checkout to get %10 off. Visit out store to see details on the High Idle Kit.       

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mopar440cu

Help! The wifes truck died and thru a 1689 code

mopar440cu    0
mopar440cu

I looked it up and its stating It has no communication between ECM and injection pump module....Sooo what do I look for and how do I fix it? Any clue's guys, I dont want to live in the dog house!!:pray:

mopar440cu    0
mopar440cu

Thanks for the info...the truck started back up and still has good fuel pressure?:ahhh:

Mopar1973Man    3,786
Mopar1973Man

Just so everyone knows what a VP44 puller looks like... (I know you asked about in a PM) post-2-138698163661_thumb.jpg post-2-138698163654_thumb.jpg post-2-138698163648_thumb.jpg Even works on 12V trucks too... Later on I'll go get my homemade puller out... (Redneck engineneering) :lmao:

mopar440cu    0
mopar440cu

Well i changed the VP44 and it still is a ****** to start! Great fuel pressure still. The only things I didnt change in the fuel system is the line going from the fuel filter to the pump, the injectors themselves, and the original injection lines. I dont think if i spray soap on them they would show a air leak. What do you guys think? Im about ready to drive it in the pond. Its got to be a air leak, but where????

Mopar1973Man    3,786
Mopar1973Man

Air leak is going to most likely be on the low pressure side. I would suggest you pressurize the fuel tank with some air and search for the wet spots in the fuel lines. Only need 1-2 PSI to find the leak... Take a rag and a blow gun and stick the blow gun in the filler neck and pack a rag around it. Then have a second person search the fuel system while you keep pulsing air blast into the fuel tank.