• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Powerup fuel additive

You just copy and paste the link :lol: It turns it into a link by itself because it detects the website address format so makes it clickable.Oh those are pdf's and I know know how sometimes adobe doesn't show you an address. In that case just go back to the link that said "MSDS" (which takes you to the pdf) and instead of left clicking it, right click it and hit copy link address, that should copy the pdf address.

post-45-138698163628_thumb.jpg

Edited by ISX

• Owner

Well right off the top the two that caught my eye is the Naptha and the Xylene which are both use for aromatics and cleaning solvents. Then the other problem is that the product is a cetane booster (or BTU reducer). You must remember anytime you increase cetane yo REDUCE BTU content of the fuel. Just like in winter here in Idaho diesel is about 50-55 Cetane and the BTU are dropped to about 126K BTU's (Just remember gasoline ias 125K BTU's). Then come summer when summer fuels are back the cetane number falls to about 43 here and the BTU content rises to about 134K BTU's... Now back to the Xylene is got a BTU content of a mere 18K BTU's and Naptha is right there at 22K BTU's.

http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/cummins/general/2-cycle-oil/cetane/cetane.htm

Posted Image

so remember anything that claims cetane improvement with reduce the BTU content. But since Naptha and XyLene ignite really easy and early they tend to increase the knock of the engine (exploding with a punch) Where something with lower cetane value will burn long and push (quiet engine). So yes most will claim that cetane boost feel like more power but actually sacrificing MPG for power because it will require more fuel to create the same amount ofr BTU work.

• Owner

But how does that optilube have such good HFRR when it also contains the solvents? And how would the stuff he is wanting to use compare with the optilube?

The only thing I could figure is using a soy based (or non-toxic) lubricant which doesn't require MSDS entry... That the only thing I could figure...

In other words, any brand may or may not have the soy in it but we won't know and the only sure way is to just test it? Wish there was an easy way to test out how much it lubed. Run it in weedeater and see if it blows I guess is one way :lol:

But how does that optilube have such good HFRR when it also contains the solvents? And how would the stuff he is wanting to use compare with the optilube?

You asked the question I was going to ask next:thumb1: The other thing I wonder about is how are guys getting improved mpg's if the BTU's are down due to the cetane boost? Even my neighbor is talking of a noticable improvement in his highway tractor.