• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New ingredients

MoparMom

Michael asked me to kinda add a little new ingredient to the site...so here goes. I've got a huge problem with what the media is doing in regard to "male bashing". A prize example of this was the ads for the super bowl. I have NEVER seen you men on this site conduct yourselves in any other manner but being respectful to each other. You need to be applauded each and everyone of you. No man is entitled to the garbage that the media is describing them as. Sure there are a couple sorry numbers out there...but on the whole most men I've seen do not act the way the abc-cnn-fox gang is protraying them This country was founded on your heritage and genes. I deplore this action against the American male....I want it stopped! 2. How about all those great spots/places that you like to get away to. Ya, you fixed the truck...now where do you run away to? Everyone has favorite spots that mean a lot to them...I would like you to share them with the forum. Pictures would be great. I spend a lot of time in the outdoors with my son exploring atving to your hearts content. The beauty is unbelievable...its like jumping into a huge tranquilized...and you feel good. So please share your favorite places with pictures and get us ready for the summer with states to see and people to meet. 3. Bartering is the way to save money. Are you doing any of it where you live and if so, how? I just had the chimney sweeper man come out to the house and he needs to put a new liner in the chimney in the guest cottage in the spring. His computer needed repairs...soooooo...the chimney liner is going to be less of a bill because Michael bartered the computer repairs into it. I would like to know how much bartering is taking place amongst the members. 4. Here's the fire outside the front windows on the mountain across the river and the turkeys on the lawn.....springs here.post-143-138698163634_thumb.jpg

post-143-138698163642_thumb.jpg

Edited by MoparMom

I can't vouch for anything but #2. The grand canyon is by far the best thing I have ever seen. You can watch tv and see the top 10 places to see on discovery channel or something and they always have it as number 1 but I didn't realize just how amazing it was. I would say if you added all the others up, it would equal it. We went back through utah and colorado on I-70 and the last 100 miles and the first 100 of utah and colorado are awesome. I am going to move there. There is one spot thats a 100 mile no service and I want to live right in the middle of it. Though these pictures of Idaho are making me wonder. I haven't seen much off the beaten path of I-70.

spring is in the air...so turkey season is near. i used to have grandpa call because he always brought'em in. but i realize that it has hindered my ability, so i will be trying to master it in the seasons to come.i use to be the barterer(you won't believe how many people want cable/telephone/electric jack on a certain wall), but living in tulsa(i don't know any people) and working at night gives little time to work deals regularly. now it seems i have to grease the wheels to keep everything running smoothly...if you know what i mean.as for the male bashing...the is always an easy bad guy(whether it be the nazis,commis,blacks,gays,etc). right now its the goofy white guy/pompous rich white guy(although it should be those stupid ****** on jersey shore). rather then waste breathe fighting it....just wait until the next one comes along.i can tell you....getting away from pavement.....i mean getting somewhere where the only car in 15miles is the one you drove in on....i love it. watching the sunrise from a tree....its primal and spiritual all at the same time.:2cents:

I can't vouch for anything but #2. The grand canyon is by far the best thing I have ever seen. You can watch tv and see the top 10 places to see on discovery channel or something and they always have it as number 1 but I didn't realize just how amazing it was. I would say if you added all the others up, it would equal it. We went back through utah and colorado on I-70 and the last 100 miles and the first 100 of utah and colorado are awesome. I am going to move there. There is one spot thats a 100 mile no service and I want to live right in the middle of it. Though these pictures of Idaho are making me wonder. I haven't seen much off the beaten path of I-70.

Ok, so you made me get out the Road Atlas and take a gander at I-70....Ya that does get to be a little vacant out there. But I love that kind of vast-emptyness. There are a few little town there and I'd go for it. Love the adventure. Let me know if you get more info on you destiny spot.

spring is in the air...so turkey season is near. i used to have grandpa call because he always brought'em in. but i realize that it has hindered my ability, so i will be trying to master it in the seasons to come.

i use to be the barterer(you won't believe how many people want cable/telephone/electric jack on a certain wall), but living in tulsa(i don't know any people) and working at night gives little time to work deals regularly. now it seems i have to grease the wheels to keep everything running smoothly...if you know what i mean.

as for the male bashing...the is always an easy bad guy(whether it be the nazis,commis,blacks,gays,etc). right now its the goofy white guy/pompous rich white guy(although it should be those stupid ****** on jersey shore). rather then waste breathe fighting it....just wait until the next one comes along.

i can tell you....getting away from pavement.....i mean getting somewhere where the only car in 15miles is the one you drove in on....i love it. watching the sunrise from a tree....its primal and spiritual all at the same time.:2cents:

Nay, we've got you beat...in Idaho we can drive until we're 50 miles out of Boise before we share the road with anyone and that's a good 130 miles with no one behind you. Talke about empty..Tulsa is crowded by comparison. Sorry about that nightshift routine - still it is a job. I'll say prayer that you can keep it up. Sounds like you have had your share of bartering and mastered that field.

Here are a couple of our favorites via atv

Wow!!!!!I love those. I could jump right into all of them in a heartbeat. I took one look at that babbling brook and the first thought that came to my mind was...grab a backpack, camera and sit down and enjoy for hours and hours. I love all of those. Where were you taking this pics at? Just beautiful...I want to go.

Posted Image

Edited by MoparMom

Wow!!!!!I love those. I could jump right into all of them in a heartbeat. I took one look at that babbling brook and the first thought that came to my mind was...grab a backpack, camera and sit down and enjoy for hours and hours. I love all of those. Where were you taking this pics at? Just beautiful...I want to go.

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Life is a little different now because of my MS... but I used to take the CTD to the end of the pavement.

Posted Image

Then get on the horse & head into the woods. Nick could walk right up on deer. Nothing like approaching nature on it's own terms. I remember finding apple trees in blossum... and discovered the ruins of a long gone farmstead...

Posted Image

This just naturally led to living history... stepping back in time

Posted Image

no phones, no internet... (no running water)(no flush toilets).

Posted Image

The one with the lake is Crater Lake in S. Oregon. The others are in S. Utah between Zions N.P. and Bryce Canon N.P.. They are east of Cedar City. You can't get there in the winter time they close the road down because of snow.

russ, old farm steads are a treasure trove. during rabbit season i often find a lot of those boogers there. cottontails and swamp usually. not to mention the interesting scrap. although, one time on indian land, i asked an old man if he minded if i went and looked at one(fallen stead). he told me not to. the last tenants he rented to were cooking meth in there! your last pic reminds me of a joke. the tallest trees in OK are telephone polls!isx, hogs are possibly the smartest animals...even smarter than dolphins. they can escape from any cage if they get their minds on it. they will eat ANYTHING. wild hogs are a nuisance and usually have a very lenient hunting laws. in OK because they destroy so much, there is no season, limit, license, or check-in needed(as long as your hunting on private land). if the land owner raises hogs. they will almost let you hunt for nothing! because cages do little to stop a wild boar, they will break in to mate the farmer's females.