• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Lift pump fail

Time for a back up mechanical gauge. my electric gauge always reads 29-30 psi the mechanical one reads 18 psi I can only use the electric one as a reference. I have change out the sender and only last for short time being correct.

• Staff

How many miles did you get out of the Raptor?

I'm getting there too,as my Rapter 100 is showing some weakness. I noticed it on the way home from Mopar's place.

I might try Fass next time not sure though as there are some posts about unreliability.

i had a raptor and it failed after a couple years. i went with mechanical pump and wont look back again.

I never worry about my mechanical fuel pump.  No fluctuations in pressure, just solid performance from my Fuel Boss.

• Like 1

• Staff

Little over 100K

Mines only going to make about 30k. Have to look at the records to see when I got it.

Wish we could get pics on how to build up the Raptor and AirDog with the correct O ring gaskets. I think I read about Vitrol Orings? something like that lasts a whole lot longer to stop fuel from weeping into the elect. motor. If that's even the only problem.

You guys with the Mechanical pumps... sounds best for sure, but I want to wait and see if they do hold up for the long haul.

You guys with the Mechanical pumps... sounds best for sure, but I want to wait and see if they do hold up for the long haul.

I've heard of a lot of people hesitant to install a mechanical pump because they want to see one with X amount of miles; however, these same people continue to consider expensive electrical pumps that don't last a year :ahhh:.  I weighed the options of the electrical pumps when I was in the market for a new LP and the cost wasn't that much different.  I liked what I say and read and I figured I would give it a try.  I have no worries about my pump.  Cold or hot, slow or fast, the pump continues to push fuel at a consistent rate.

Edited by Hawkez
  • Like 1

But don't you need a lift pump besides the fuel boss?

No.  I left my stock pump installed and I can use that to prime my system, but you don't have to have one.  I don't see why the Fuel Boss wouldn't prime the system by cranking the engine.  The assassin mechanical pumps don't use an electrical lift pump and there are several posts on the WWW that have left out the electrical LP from their Fuel Boss systems.  I just figured it was easier to not remove it, and to be honest, my stock LP may not even work...I wouldn't know if it were dead.

OK, back from the Deals Gap Rotary Ralley at the  "Tail of the Dragon". Pump had proper voltages present, fuel at the inlet. Pulled the pump and loosened the screws for the motor, instant escaping smoke. The wonderful smell of wet ozone. Fuel was present in the Electrical end. Need to call Pureflow in the AM and see if seal failure after 4 years is covered. Pump was purchased from Glacier Diesel in June 2011 and is a 2010 build date