• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Lift pump fail

• Owner

With the AirDog 150 is just mesh filter before the pump. But in your case you would have to run a actual fuel filter before the pump to protect the pump from eating itself. That kind of wear is from debris (fine) against the shaft and seal. Even diesel fuel is a mild lubricant and with 2 cycle oil should be no problems. So that leads me back debris issues.

I think come this October when I get a little extra cash I'm going to pull the trigger on the fuel boss. My current LP is getting the job done now but I have zero confidence in it over the long run.

Glad you got yours up and running!

Disassembled pics

I'm actually not that surprised the seal ate the shaft that much especially if the motor was throwing some fine dust at it. It just acts as a high speed sanding disk. In a rubber vs. metal situation like this, rubber wins. On an industrial scale I've seen rubber seals and conveyor belts cut through some pretty impressive stuff.

my raptor 150 failed about 2 years after i bought it. it would fluctuate severely when i drove to the mountains (colorado)  one day i heard it making this god aweful noise (bearings failure i think) and i replaced it with a fuel boss. 3 or so yrs later fuel boss is consistent and zero issues.  i still have the raptor 150 ill eventually tear apart and rebuild if possible, use it for a transfer pump of some kind.