• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Any suggestions? More serious side.......

• Staff

Does any members have ideas about what to do :shrug:  the budget this month isn't on target?.

Mike will have to make up the shortfall for the forum to keep going.

What if we decide to take an equal share of the monthly cost? by however many want to join in. Might be very little ea. month with enough of us.

Let me tell ya.... that guy that runs this site is somethin' . Works hard for no income :think: just to help everyone. Gotto admit this forums pretty cool too :cheers:  And so's the guy that runs it... I know after visiting for a week....

So please share some thoughts? :surrender:

• Owner

As for the 13 stainless badge only 5 sold, 7 remaining That's it. As for the vinyl cutter the artwork is already in hand and ready. Just watching the budget and was going to hopefully do it with surplus from this month... But there isn't any. I've got enough to pay JAG1 for the stainless badges. So JAG1 can make more but they are not selling.... As for the vinyl I could take a risk and buy a batch 20 and see if I can sell any of those. Even if I sold the remaining stainless badges it would not get me close to budge. ($8 per badge profit for the site). Even sticker are only going to make a small amount too. It was talked about giving Platinum member a sticker with their membership.

Just to let you know the site has enough right now to pay the server and DSL/Phone which are the too biggest bills. But I still got software maintenance fees coming. But at last calculation I'm only working 4 hours a day (calc'ed but actually working much more!), for 5 days a week (some times 7 days a week) and making less than $1.11 per hour maintaining this site.

Like last night...

http://forum.mopar1973man.com/index.php?/topic/9911-mobile-skin-dark-theme/

Here I am doing coding work and trying to better the site for the mobile users. I've also got to learn how to do plugin's for the site so I can fix the Nav Links for the mobile side. :duh: Like last night I was re-plugging code again till nearly 11pm laying in bed with the laptop and the tablet coding and testing.

post-1-0-36637100-1429157614_thumb.png

I've got Google complaining about mobile button sizes and proximity to each other. 

One solution is getting vendor involved. I've got 3 that I need to get completed. They committed and want to but the payment and artwork is sure dragging out.  :rolleyes:

As for member its really easy to spot who has and hasn't donated to the site. Just look at the member name if its a violet color they have not donated.

• Staff

As for the ss badges, I think we should give license plate frames a try with about the same size Mopar man logo on the bottom. Any thoughts on what the top should read? 'Achieve your destination' is what the T shirt says.

As for the vinyl I could take a risk and buy a batch 20 and see if I can sell any of those. Even if I sold the remaining stainless badges it would not get me close to budge. ($8 per badge profit for the site). Even sticker are only going to make a small amount too. It was talked about giving Platinum member a sticker with their membership.

As for member its really easy to spot who has and hasn't donated to the site. Just look at the member name if its a violet color they have not donated.

I understand there isn't going to be much profit coming from these, but a little bit is better than nothing.  I don't see one item being the solution to saving the site's financial woes but a combination may help.  Having said this, there is a bit of cost and risk in getting stickers, license plate covers, and t shirts made up.  I don't know what 20 stickers would cost and what the profit would be but I think it would be a good way to start.

What about a monthly goal chart that will follow you around as you click through the site. Doesn't have to be real big but a simple reminder to everyone on the site that it takes $ to keep this going. Might pry a few bucks out of the freeloaders.

Or, the only way way to get a steady reliable income is to get enough people committed to pay X amount of dollars every month. If it's small enough, say $5, you could even sign me up for auto-pay.

• Staff

Mike just go and use the money you get for the badges. It was intended as a gift for the site. It's just a small part I felt happy about doing.

I like idea of a shared cost. Divide yearly cost by the number of members and that's the membership cost each year? Cost goes down as new folks come on board.

• Owner

What about a monthly goal chart that will follow you around as you click through the site. Doesn't have to be real big but a simple reminder to everyone on the site that it takes $ to keep this going. Might pry a few bucks out of the freeloaders.

Or, the only way way to get a steady reliable income is to get enough people committed to pay X amount of dollars every month. If it's small enough, say $5, you could even sign me up for auto-pay.

Already got one...

http://forum.mopar1973man.com/index.php?/donate/

Then changed all the free member to a violet color so they stand out. So everyone knows now who is a free members.

Then this banner is everywhere for free member to look at...

referral-0667106001425172377.gif

Mike just go and use the money you get for the badges. It was intended as a gift for the site. It's just a small part I felt happy about doing.

I like idea of a shared cost. Divide yearly cost by the number of members and that's the membership cost each year? Cost goes down as new folks come on board.

Ok. JAG1 As for the badges I will pay my bills so more can be made in the future.

As for dividing up the cost. You have to work with active members.

2,292 Members total as of today.

2,231 Members (97%) active in the last 5 years.

2,117 Members (92%) active in the last 4 years.

1,925 Members (83%) active in the last 3 years.

1,520 Members (66%) active in the last 2 years.

590 Members (25%) are active in the last year. ($4.23 per member per year)

130 Members (5%) active in the last month.

50 Members (2%) active last week.

This is just to pay the bills with ZERO Profit.

38 Silver Members (1.6% of total members or 6% of active members)

46 Gold Members (2.0% of total members or 7% of active members)

19 Platinum Members (0.8% of total members or 3% of active members)

0 Advertising Members

Now if the old members where brought back to active status then the site would be doing much better. Basically 75% of the membership pool is inactive.

• Staff

Wonder what can be done about that?

Always helps a guys self image when making a donation to a good cause. That is a proven fact, people do feel better about themselves.

What made my letters become bolder? that's weird.

Sorry Bill at some point it would be a nice to make a little profit.

Profits are called administration fees. :doh:  All non profits have paid administrators.

Went from a hobby and wanting an option to offer help to needing a profit from it now????????????????????? WOW.

I was nice enough to donate a while back and had it thrown back in my face and it took me some time to swallow that to try again to help cover costs and then this admission........................ :duh:

• Owner

Wasn't meant that way... But When it was hobby the expenses where rather low per year. But with the change of software the cost of operation went up last year. Then when I saw what was left over and then battle I had with staff over file storage and how the site was setup. That's why I was ready to give up.

I spend hours and hours doing all the code work and studying to keep current with all Internet standards. But yes I would like to get a small slice a pie after all the work is done too. But now I'm looking at budget of operation of at least $2,500 a year now just for all bills. This no longer classified as a hobby because the amount of work and cost involved to maintain it. Hence why the Board of Directors was created.

So please share some thoughts? :surrender:

Time to go big and accept what has been the inevitable and accept the goofle adds and make money then and do what other sites do and accept $"X" for memberships to get rid of the adds.

It will never change otherwise. Always short and begging and if Mike wants to make a career out of this since he can't get along with bosses just jump in and follow the flow then.

Not trying to be an A$$hat but it is frustrating for me reading about the shortages and such continuously and all the other stuff I piece together from here and there around the threads and posts and have to point out the obvious.

My wife owns and runs her own business due to similar thoughts as she just doesn't enjoy working for others. neither do I but I have gotten to where I am by not hiding or swallowing how I feel about things and everyone I have worked for respects me for it.

How I sound via my words online come off harsh but in a face to face situation one could see things differently. Just take it as constructive criticism. I directly supervise about 20 people and indirectly supervise about 150 people and they all get along with me because I don't expect them to treat me like a boss I like to be part of the crew, they know my expectations and I don't bird dog and micro-manage them and they all like that. I give them the freedom to come up with their own ideas and let them try.

I wish I had $2500 dollar hobbies...............I have several that cost me that or double every year......................plus a wife. :evilgrin:  But they all bring me fun joy and a smile and that is priceless.

• Like 1

• Owner

As for my past employment it was the boss that wasn't holding up to the agreement. The agreement I didn't work for him but with him (Separate). Also I was hire to do the diesel work but ended up doing everything (because his health issues). As for scheduling I was told I didn't have a schedule just be polite and notify him of changes or no show (always called bright and early to notify or stopped at the shop to tell him). Ok... I did... Then he start getting upset that I was screwing up his schedule when I was taking care of my own business and trying to get artwork to the vinyl cutters for stickers. I sure didn't want to go to vinyl cutters smelling like oil change that morning.

Oh... Well...

So I became my own shop. I've got to make calls this morning I've got a 2004 Dodge Dakota coming for O2 sensor and other minor problem and inspection. Then I've already put in place A/C re-charging again for this season in Riggins, ID already got the agreement with the local shop to do all A/C work. I might have to still charge a 99 Dodge Ram for A/C recharge this weekend. So I'm still turning wrench but I'm my own boss once again.

• Like 1

I have been in some form of retail all my life. You can do all that you want to get a customer to look at your product. You can not force them to buy it. You can ask for donations all that you want, but if some one doesn't want to donate they will not. They will still keep coming and look at the info. Has anyone thought about making the information on the site "hidden" for non paying members? A paid membership entitles you to have access to the site. Non Paying, can see therer is information available but it would be hidden until they are a member

• Owner
 Has anyone thought about making the information on the site "hidden" for non paying members?

Then that will kill the site because no one will be able to search on Google to find the information. So the information has to remain visible to Google and guest members to give me any angle at the search engines. This is where I spend my most effort is pushing my way up the ranks in Google.

• Staff

Non profit tax deductible would be great for many of us. A non profit has to start somehow, somewhere to begin taking in funds. Knowledge about expenses is good ...  important to know how we are doing. As directors and members we are all a part of this.

Any level of income, becomes part of the expenses naturally, is better than negative income for the main operator. Call it what you think..... just want everyone to know how many lengthy calls Mike receives from all over the U.S. and other countries asking, needing help with their truck. He would do the same for all of us.

He's the first good cowboy I've ever met with a black hat :)