• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Good Buddy Has A DuraMax......

• Staff

we Have the same year trucks and our mileages are really close but, he laughs at me having the Cummins because he heard about my injection pump that Mike just replaced. Laughs at me cause I don't own a 'problem free' Duramax like him.

Tell me..... what injection pump an 02 Duramax has.... isn't it a VP also, built for a 8 cylinder diesel?

Thanks all

• Owner
  • Staff

So is that the same injectors that leak fuel into the crankcase without warning when they start to go? Could have this wrong but, I think you told me this too, that they cost 3 times more money than second  gen Cummins injectors. 

• Staff

He has a CP3, as stated, but isn't 02 the timeframe of the HORRIBLE Duramax injector issues? It was so bad that GM extended the warranty way out, but I don't recall how far.

I don't think the injector bodies are the same as the DirtyMax uses top feed bodies and the HPCR's use side feed.