• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

WOO HOO! Smarty touch in the plans for the 05!

• Owner
I am a total hater of windshield mounts, I have yet to find one that holds more than a day on any of my vehicles, When you can get a 40-50+-* temp swing every day its hard for them to stick. I find Velcro is much easier to deal with in some instances but can be quite an ugly site in some areas than windshield suction cups devices.

:rolleyes:  I know the feeling with my Garmin suction mount on the front windshield. I mount it so it nearly touching the dash so if and when it falls it just flops over. I've got the same problem.

:( Well got issues I need to figure out. Got it installed all wires routed hooked up, she comes alive and I can navigate through the screens and dashboards ect but it isn't communicating with the ecm so I am stuck for now until I can talk to them tomorrow morning. The on screen EGT gauge works though but that is the only thing not running through the OBD2 port, it is an individual stand alone plug in.

My screen doesn't turn on automatically with the key, I have to touch the screen to wake it up either way key off or on.

Weird thing is I have a red dot in the top of the screen between the main menu icon and the max value reset icon that isn't shown on any of their literature and when I touch it is kind of wigs out and acts like it is thinking and the red dot blinks constant until I touch the area in the middle of the screen where the main menu icon should be then it pops back to a normal screen again.

I just Vin unlocked and unloaded a smarty jr last week and all was fine then and the rig has not moved from the garage since then.

Finally got hold of DAP and got the sale price difference refunded, now to wait until Smarty opens to troubleshoot the communication issue.

Gotta get it done this morning as I am on night shift the rest of the week and am in a zombie like state in the mornings after night shifts, don't get home until 2am and won't get back to normal until around next sunday.

Usually work 4 eleven hour shifts plus my 1/2 hour drive time each way so it is a 12hour day but this week I have to cover for a couple other vacationing foremen and have to work all week no days off so its a 60 hour week for me. :sleep:

Yep it goes into a thinking rotating box state for a few seconds and goes right back to the main menu, won't enter the ecm update are or the DTC area does the same thing in both instances of trying to access the ecm.

They need to update the info on their site and on the printout they send with then as I can not find that info anywhere, doesn't show the red dot in any info I have seen.

Has the latest version of firmware and I have been on the Mads electronics site a lot the last week, the only place I have been looking for info.

To be honest I saw the link for the data logging update but never opened it as I thought it was another downloadable add on, didn't think I would already have it on the new unit. :doh:

Mads electronics main site sight is what I have been using, guess I put the forum name in the last post sorry fixed it.....

It starts and runs fine, thats how I saw that the EGT gauge works on the touch display but nothing else that it needs to see through the ecm.

Just called them and now it needs to be boxed up and shipped back to them, they think I have a control module issue or a bad cord. :duh:

Just my luck, this always seems to happen to me waaay too often. Back in the day of my 02 I had my Edge comp replaced abut half dozen times due to their ongoing no power up or no function when cold issue. Lots of folks on several forums had the same issue but edge played dumb about it every time.

Just called them and now it needs to be boxed up and shipped back to them, they think I have a control module issue or a bad cord. :duh:

Just my luck, this always seems to happen to me waaay too often. Back in the day of my 02 I had my Edge comp replaced abut half dozen times due to their ongoing no power up or no function when cold issue. Lots of folks on several forums had the same issue but edge played dumb about it every time.

sorry bill!, hope it wont take too long.

They checked it out and found the OBDII cable was bad and may have killed the module somehow but have not determined the cause yet, new parts packaged up and shipped out this afternoon so I wait until sometime next week for arrival.

Brian also shared the new yet to be released version of the users guide with me and I can say it is designed with me in mind, lots of pictures and easy to follow and very detailed. :thumb1:

• Like 1