• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Need to replace the door ajar switch

How do I replace the driver's door ajar switch? That is; what tools are required to remove/replace it, maybe an instruction sheet, the part number, and recommendations on where to buy it.The shaft has a crack in it and the plunger cannot be placed back into the shaft.Thank you,Gary

Try this part number: 4687558, should be less than 10 bucks. Hope this helps. I don't know about the tools; it should disconnect if you pull it out of the frame hole a little bit. I just had mine off few weeks ago, wasn't too bad. Tip - put a zip tie or something around the wire once disconnected so it doesn't fall into the frame hole. I didn't find out the hard way, fortunately, I'm getting smarter as the days go by. Let us know if that part number works out for you, if not, post the correct number if you get it. Looking at this web site, http://store03.prostores.com/servlet/afterworkauto/the-108/1992-dsh-2003-JEEP,CHRYSLER,DODGE,PLYMOUTH,Door-Jamb-SWITCH/Detail, it looks like the correct part number.

Thank you for your help. The part number was correct. The price was $7.50 plus tax from my local Dodge dealer.Replacement was easy. I used a needle nose pliers to remove the part. I did as you recommended about using a wire tie to ensure the inner wiring would not fall back into the confined space. Once the new part was attached I removed the wire tie and placed the part into the hole. The part comes with the shaft fully extended. No need to adjust it prior to install. I slowly closed the door to seat the shaft at the proper location. You will hear some loud clicking as you close the door. I worried that maybe I broke the part (shaft) but all was well.Again, thank you for your help.Gary

• Like 1