• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
j.barrett

06 Megacab master window switch not working at all

Hello everyone. I am either not very good at searching or this topic hasn't been talked about yet. 

Here it is. Friday night i get home from work. Go to roll up my drivers window. It goes up half as then stops. I tried it again.. No luck. I tried every Window from the driver door. Then i tried every Window on each door at the door itself. Nothing. Then i tried the mirrors. Nothing. I then checked the power locks and they worked fine.  So then i grabbed a test light and checked every fuse and all of them are good.

So i then bought a new master window switch. And. Nothing. Still dead but power locks work.  Has anyone else experienced this? If so how was it fixed?

Guest 04Mach1
On 1/6/2019 at 8:15 PM, j.barrett said:

Hello everyone. I am either not very good at searching or this topic hasn't been talked about yet. 

Here it is. Friday night i get home from work. Go to roll up my drivers window. It goes up half as then stops. I tried it again.. No luck. I tried every Window from the driver door. Then i tried every Window on each door at the door itself. Nothing. Then i tried the mirrors. Nothing. I then checked the power locks and they worked fine.  So then i grabbed a test light and checked every fuse and all of them are good.

So i then bought a new master window switch. And. Nothing. Still dead but power locks work.  Has anyone else experienced this? If so how was it fixed?

Possible Total Integrated Power Management (TIPM) bad or possibly broken wire in the door jam is where I'd start looking.

If you can get your hands on a scanner that will see fault codes in every module you may be able to pin point issue more closely. Total modules on your truck will be airbag module, abs module, Central Gateway (TIPM), ECM, HVAC module, lighting module, and PCM if memory serves correct.

Here's one of my many experiences with a faulty TIPM.