• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

sport light harness HELP.....

bought a sport light harness and am having issues....

when switching back to low from high (with fogs on) my highs stay on...

turn fogs off and they go off

what gives?

ive drew up a diagram of the bought harness

i know the 9007 plug is wired wrong, but i swapped em where they are supposed to be and it done the same thing..

Anyone else having the same issue out of the DAP sport harness?

thanks

post-1749-0-56758000-1418099981_thumb.jp

I'm actually a bit confused by your diagram, since I do not have fogs I'm not sure how much help I will be, but this is my diagram for a harness I built myself. I use all 5 pins on the low beam relay in order to illuminate both high and low of both bulbs at the same time. I originally designed it to use HIDs.  so substitute the pins to the bulbs as needed.Screenshot%20-%20120814%20-%2021%3A37%3A

Edited by dracozny

I'm actually a bit confused by your diagram, since I do not have fogs I'm not sure how much help I will be, but this is my diagram for a harness I built myself. I use all 5 pins on the low beam relay in order to illuminate both high and low of both bulbs at the same time. I originally designed it to use HIDs.  so substitute the pins to the bulbs as needed.Screenshot%20-%20120814%20-%2021%3A37%3A

whats the purpose of coming off of 87a on the low relay and going to 87 on the high? isnt the 87a a NC contact?

wouldnt that allow the high to always be on when in low?

im jus wondering if my issue is ground related? my bulbs are grounded to the fender on each side....would it be better if ran to the - terminal on battery?

like i said, they work properly as long as the fog light control part of my switch is off (pushed in).....with the fogs on (switch pulled out) the highs stay on after switching from high back to low...push back in and the highs go off.

there has to be a reason...

whats the purpose of coming off of 87a on the low relay and going to 87 on the high? isnt the 87a a NC contact?

wouldnt that allow the high to always be on when in low?

other way around. when high is on, the low beam stays on. pin 30 is the output on both relays. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

KYcummins5.9     I Think your problem is you have couple of your - #86 Trigger wires crossed, i think some how when you turn fog lights on its completing the ground circuit....keep in mind thats whats being switched by FL switch/HL switch to OEM HL  plug back. the #86 wires are ground- wires,  the relays are switched by removing or adding GND- circuit.. in the OEM plug you have 3 wires 2-are HB GND AND LB GND, the other is +Positive all the time switched .  Its really pretty simple once you've figured it out.

I Stand Corrected :ashamed: :   DRACOZNY's  Diagram For HID projectors will work for your sport HD app. the #30 outputs threw me  there for a while cause default protocol is #30 IS primary voltage from BATT+  AND #87's are outs.    but after testing an SPDT relay in the garage i see it will switch that away.

So i guess you have fixed the issue by adding wire , as of now your fogs will work on HB & LB but if you ever wish to fix it back factory i would check the #86 wires

Edited by rburks