• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Show and Tell: 2010 VW Jetta TDI Engine Harness

marked23

I need to replace the engine harness in my TDI.   I just thought I'd share some pictures:

FullHarness_800.jpg.d2aa1206efaa464e7aff606f0803ace5.jpg

The reason I have to replace it is because there are a couple poorly protected areas of the harness where the wire jackets suffer vibration damage. 

This is one of those spots.   The harness is wrapped with harness tape everywhere, except for here [below].  For this section, they stopped wrapping with tape, and substituted with this semi-translucent black fabric that kinda looks like really thin and very fine-pitch velcro.  This section of wire is prone to chafing as it wraps around the oil-filter housing. 

In my amateur opinion, it makes no sense to "protect" this section by removing the protective tape and replacing it with this thin cloth.  Until I saw this, I was going to add an extra layer of tape to protect it.   But now, not knowing why they did this, I'm stuck wondering if that would make it worse. 

OilFilterCurve_800.jpg.b8bafb547741ce3dae62dbcdcd0db96d.jpg

There's also this one additional section that has the same treatment.  No Idea why. 

ProtectedWire_800.jpg.4e1cedb59cbaa111cdcff0938a611b0d.jpg

Edited by marked23
  • Like 1