• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Power seat swap wire plug

Ok i did a search for power seats and did not come up with what i was looking for. I Have a 2002 QC and am trying to swap in a driver power seat. I did research this and it seemed that the wiring was already there according to what i found. I added the breaker and tested the wires i have. I have a 4 pin connector with 3 wires. I think it was the red/blue that powered up with the addition of the breaker it was the only wire not used in the seat connector of the non power seat. After all that i look at the seat i have as a replacement and it has a rectangle plug with many more wires then what i have. Obviously this is not going to work. Do i need a different seat? What is the difference between a power seat that will plug into the plug i have vs the seat with the larger plug? post-10035-138698177433_thumb.jpgThanks

i have a pdf of the manual but in pdf form it is difficult to find the connector. I would like to think i can splice the new connector in but.. i think it might be a larger harness i need to replace completely. I do not have any of the controls for the heated seats and i only have the one seat. The truck it came out of had both front seats. Not sure if the circuit needs the other seat to be fully functional. I think someone has dealt with this issue. Now i know what is up with the plug. What to do next.. LOL

--- Update to the previous post...

Thanks for the help Dually.:thumb1:

coming from under the carpet in my truck i have a 4 wire plug with 3 wires in it. So i can guess what you have and what i need is a redundant circuit for both seats separately out of the larger plug, but how to wire it in.. It might take a different harness. Perhaps someone who has done this will chime in on the conversation.

so in the pdf version of the manual in section 8E pg1-2 it states i will need the Preimum line CTM which is only used on a vehicle with the Heated seat option.

Ok i think i got it. C-359 and C-360 cav 7-8-9 splice to cav1-2-3 and that sould get the power working minus the heated parts? Anyone tried this?