• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Non Gated HX35.

I was just curious if anyone is running a non gated turbo? Does not have to be an HX35, I just happen to have a non gated with a 14cm exhaust housing. I cant decide if I want to swap the 14cm onto my gated or just throw on the non gated turbo and give it a whirl. I know running a non gated housing requires more attention to the boost gauge and skinny pedal control. I however do not have much done to my truck and doubt it would get to its upper limit anyway. As usual, thanks to all for reading and replying.

I was just curious if anyone is running a non gated turbo? Does not have to be an HX35, I just happen to have a non gated with a 14cm exhaust housing. I cant decide if I want to swap the 14cm onto my gated or just throw on the non gated turbo and give it a whirl. I know running a non gated housing requires more attention to the boost gauge and skinny pedal control. I however do not have much done to my truck and doubt it would get to its upper limit anyway. As usual, thanks to all for reading and replying.

No problems except you have no drive pressure release. Just dont go over 35psi. Aurora 3000 which is quite popular are non gated I believe (for example)

Thanks John. I think I will just swap out the 14cm housing onto the current charger I have. It has less play than the non gated charger x2 in the garage. I suppose I will sell the two non gated 12 cm's here soon.

Thanks John. I think I will just swap out the 14cm housing onto the current charger I have. It has less play than the non gated charger x2 in the garage. I suppose I will sell the two non gated 12 cm's here soon.

Try it but dont think you will find much EGT reduction. People talk about it ..... but I think it has more to do with the exhuast side turbine rather than the AR of the housing. I prefer smaller AR housings for spoolup