• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I have a 102k mile 48re in my 06 CR truck. I never tow more that about 5k pounds the other day I was accellerating up a hill with about 1500 lbs of 4 wheeler, coolers, trash, and butts and I think my T/C slipped a little. As soon as I felt and heard the slip, I got off the throttle. My question would be, what do I need to have a good reliable build without using a full billet input,output, and intermediate shaft, nor do I think I need a triple disc T/C or a complete rebuild. Yes I'm cheap and if I have to rebuild it, I think I'll do it myself. Where might I get the things I may need. I have a super chips vivid tuner 5 inch exhaust, and a AFE intake. 3:73's and 35's.

No need for a rebuild, Just find a company you are comfortable with and get a good single disc and a Valvebody upgrade otherwise the better TC is useless without better pressure and flow from the VB.I would take it to a dealership before throwing money at it though and pay for an hour of labor and have them hook up the DRB and see if it is truely the TC or if you have a clutch pack slipping. They can tell exactly how worn every clutch pack is during a test drive with the dealer tooling.

• Like 1

The Dodge DRB tool is smart enough to see all that. Thank you for taking the time to help me out.Any converter companies you are perticularily comfortable with? Is the Dodge Heavy Duty converter worth having a look at?

The DRB measures shift time in milliseconds and calculates from there. Some super companies are Dave Goerend at the top and I like Suncoast as well as DTT but there are a lot of lesser knowns that are good as well. But I would match companies and as far as pairing a good converter with a valve body I would go with the above mentioned for a better performing tranny.Remember that a converter is only as good as the valvebody feeding it. A stock converter will last a lot longer with a better valvebody with more flow and pressure.

• 4 weeks later...