• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Trans temp sensor wiring and install...best route?

I am installing an Isspro trans temp gauge an would like to know the best route to run the sender wire. I will be putting it in the trans hot line to the cooler. Most everything I have run is through the firewall grommet to the upper right of the steering column, but is there a more direct path near the trans tunnel? Also I will be splicing the cooler "hot" line with the "T" from Diesel Manor. Is the line full of fluid that I should be prepared to catch when I disconnect it? I am hoping that it will have drained and I can just break it loose with minimal spillage. Thanks in advance!

I ran mine up along the trans dipstick and then under the weather seal along the firewall so it is out of sight. Then I ran it through the firewall into the driver side cab with the rest of my wires. Its a few extra feet of wire but not a big deal IMO