• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

97 12 valve turbo ( Aurora 3000 ? )

Stock 97 ( original Kalifornia truck), 100 plate, boost elbow (32psi), pusher intake, 4" turbo back exhaust, 4.10 gears, 285/75/16. Long bed 4x4. ATS stage 2 trans. Looking at the Aurora 3000 turbo to replace the stock unit. Looking for a little more power and lowered EGT when towing . I tow a 6x12 trailer with a 1200 # side by side.Thoughts/ experiances/ suggestions ?

Ok, so turbos are new to me, based on what you told me can you give me some names/ models/ sizes of turbos you would recommend other than the Aurora 3000 ? Truck is a daily driver/ work truck with towing being limited to the Rzr on a trailer a couple times a month .The 100 plate I have set in the middle, star wheel adjusted so I get a very light haze under full throttle. At 55-65 mph if I floor it to pass someone I can easily get the pyro up into 1300-1450 degrees. Same thing if towing the rzr up a steep grade, i have to back out of the throttle to keep the EGT below 1250. I like the 100 plate as it seems I have more get up and go than the 10 plate I had in. So thinking the right turbo can give me more power throughout the rpms and keep my EGT in check. Any help is greatly appreciated .

Basically call stainless diesel :) they will set you straight. 63 is the compressor side 68 is the exducer/exhaust side The bigger the number the more air but also more lag. It's needs to be balanced to the trucks fuel to prevent egt issues

lots and lots, that is just the short list that popped into my mind. Any of them are good places to go, though I personally wouldn't go ATS, they're overpriced for what they are, and warranty isn't so pretty good. Never had any experience with Stainless diesel, but never heard any bad, Manning Motorsports would be one of my first calls though, Taylor is a really sharp guy and can get or put together just about anything you might want.I just remembered the new borg warner EFR turbochargers with the gamma Ti turbines, very quick spooling and good flow. HTT is the place to call for those since they're the only ones with diesel sized housings for them.