• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Power steering pump / Hydroboost / power steering box / cooler hose sequence help!!!

Imdominant

Ok guys i hope its ok to post this in this forum but what i have is a 12v cummins swapped into a 97 crew cab chevy dually. I am to the task of hooking up hoses and i am puzzled at which hose goes where! I guess i need to know what sequence your truck uses or if someone could give me detailed help as which hose goes where in some sort of a methodical approach it would help me out tremendously..I havent thought about it a whole lot but when i was trying to make sense of it and was thinking about the whole high pressure/ low pressure side and which one should go where i got a bit taken back by the complexity... when i looked at the rear of my power steering pump and it had THREE hoses hanging off of it, i stopped. Im calling in the experts! any help will be appreciated....

Thanks man but i think i have it figured out (or at least i think i do)... Check over this rough sequence and see what you think... If you could double check me that would be Awesome!From power steering pump high pressure port (the only one of the three that is threaded) toHydroboost high pressure inlet (also threaded high pressure connection) and use hydroboost outlet (also threaded) toPower steering box high pressure inlet (both are threaded but the other one has a cooler line attached) ,thenPower steering outlet into cooler and from cooler back to power steering pump tank via hose clamp connection (return line)*also there is a hose clamped line leaving hydroboost unit , to the power steering pump to the other hose clamped connection (another return line i assume)

Thanks man but i think i have it figured out (or at least i think i do)... Check over this rough sequence and see what you think... If you could double check me that would be Awesome! From power steering pump high pressure port (the only one of the three that is threaded) to Hydroboost high pressure inlet (also threaded high pressure connection) and use hydroboost outlet (also threaded) to Power steering box high pressure inlet (both are threaded but the other one has a cooler line attached) ,then Power steering outlet into cooler and from cooler back to power steering pump tank via hose clamp connection (return line) *also there is a hose clamped line leaving hydroboost unit , to the power steering pump to the other hose clamped connection (another return line i assume)

Sound about right, although I'm a little lost on the return side since it sounds a little different than mine is setup. video is uploading now once its done in about 30min. it will be live at this link http://youtu.be/oiBsnAdUdkM Now I'm off to go get some pizza :drool: